LegacyGT.com

Does anyone else have a problem with pedal placement?

I come from a world were the cars i've driven have a vaulted ceilings over the gas pedal. (Maybe it's a nissan thing) However with the Legacy - i feel like if my shoe size was any larger (Only a 10 and a half now) i would have problems moving my feet between the gas and brake.

I wont even get into how frustrating clutch placement is in the this car either :p

I guess this is what happens when you're used to driving one type of car for so long.. I haven't even had my LGT a week yet, i'm certain i'll get used to it in a few days. ANyone else have this problem?

some people have complained about it. I have size 12 and frequently wear big boots when it snows with a steel toe. I haven't ever had any problems as far as placement. Every once in a while i will notice a tap of another pedal, but nothing major. It does take some time to get used to it though, thats normal.

No problems here with Size 12s and the occasional climbing boot with cleats. I'm running STI pedals and the nubs make it easier to "hook up" with the pedals so I may only be using part of the pedal and not noticing any other problems. I can heel-toe with no problems.

Give the car a chance to break your feet in though before you trade them in. :)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I agree its a little cramped in there, I wear size 11, don't really know why since the WRX had plenty. I think its probably because they put a piece of plastic right above the pedals to maybe make the car quieter in the cabin. I tried taking it out but the OBDII sensor is attached to it :( So I just live with it and try to get by with my foot grazing it every once in awhile. Its probably fine if you have an Automatic as your feet don't move around as much in there, but with a Manual when your heal-toe'ing its not as easy.

I wear a size 10 1/2 and have had no problems with pedal placement. I wear all bifferent types of shoes, Dr. Martians are some of the clunkiest shoes on the market and they are even fine. I just got a pair of Kangaroo sneakers and they are by far the most comfortable things to drive in, not to mention the little pockets they have are a nice touch.

I added the all weather floor mats and I love the elevated foot position compared to the carpeted mats. I think I am going to use them year round!:)

I am glad the LGT is so quiet, I was trying to do some heal toe driving and I was relieved knowing that noone around me could hear how bad I was doing.:redface:

I have a size 14, what did was take the plastic panel out and trim it. Then you can still mount the OBDII port and yet have wonderful space like I did in my maxima. I will post pics but does not seem needed. The plastic panel is held in place by 3 popoffs and the OBDII port by 4 square head screws. Remove all those, take it out, cut it as desired and reverse to reassemble.

I guess thats the gift of small feet...although with that gift comes a compromise =(

I love the pedal placement ... although I hate how the all weather mats dont cover all the carpet so it gets dirty/muddy on the carpet.

How do you guys get your left foot to cover your brake too or the right foot covering the clutch? Maybe my feet are a little too small =(

I have a size 14, what did was take the plastic panel out and trim it. Then you can still mount the OBDII port and yet have wonderful space like I did in my maxima. I will post pics but does not seem needed. The plastic panel is held in place by 3 popoffs and the OBDII port by 4 square head screws. Remove all those, take it out, cut it as desired and reverse to reassemble.

Xanth - i am going to give that a try. what did you use to trim the plastic?

I took off the stock rubber covers and replaced it with a set of Momo Airmetal pedals and relocated the pedal heights and left/right location for better heel-toe, left-foot-braking and clutch kicking.. I have EE wide feet with a size 9.5~10.. and sometimes I found myself missing the blip.. not anymore with the new pedal locations.

Keefe

Keefe

I took off the stock rubber covers and replaced it with a set of Momo Airmetal pedals and relocated the pedal heights and left/right location for better heel-toe, left-foot-braking and clutch kicking.. I have EE wide feet with a size 9.5~10.. and sometimes I found myself missing the blip.. not anymore with the new pedal locations.

Keefe

How did you do the pedal-placement mods? Is there that much adjustability built into the pedal mechanisms or mountings?

Archived