LegacyGT.com

Executor's Carputer Install

executor485

looks great. I have the same radar detector. Is that really a good place to mount it? I mounted mine just below the rearview.. I cant see it but I can sure hear it.

Btw if you dont do something about that cable you're going to have a permanent bulge in your dash pad.. beleive me.. my dash pad will never look right thanks to my carputer project and the bezel fitting a little tight on 1 side.

is that screen daylight readable? If not.. can you see it in daylight? :lol: I had a xenarc 700TSV and it was useless in sunlight.

I dont have the windshield mount for the radar detector and havent found something that works well for it either, the "universal" mounts do it no good. :( It does well enough where it is from my experience, even though I kinda got in a little issue a few weeks ago, was rushing to try and get the manager that damaged my car before he ran off and got tagged by a laser. Not sure if the cop reduced my speed or if I just caught it and braked hard enough to reduce my speed to reasonable, but it has helped before.

I would mount the cable differently if I had the windshield mount. lol

As for the daylight readable... Its up in the air. If the sun is shining right on it, not a chance, if its just bright outside and I've got the sunroof closed then its not too bad, I have tinted windows as well, so that probably helps a bit. Its only a liliput (600 I think or something like that, been a LONG time since I put that in) and its been fairly decent. I'd like a nice daylight visable screen, but thats a lot of money to shell out and I'm happy with what I have for now.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

iphone supports pandora. I use it every day all day :lol:

and i'm not kidding.. I listen on the way to work on my iphone, get here, open it up, listn all day at work, put it in the car on the iphone again and listen all the way home.

sometimes when my neighbors are being worthless (which is all the time) I plug it into my home theater and use it there so I can drown them out.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

well, the only reason I say that is because I'm sure its possible with something like a broadband card or even cell tethering to pull music down from the pandora website, but to my knowledge the website is not designed for mobile use and may be spotty.

The iphone seems to use a lower quality than the Pc client in that it seems to use a variable bitrate to maintain quality while minimizing the size. I dont know this for sure but it sounds like it.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

well, I ran the PC client in my car via my cell phone (used as modem) this AM

worked great, dropped out only in dead zones (mobile client would have lost as well)

May have to get a netbook....

There are no official versions for my phone (HTC Touch Pro)

I have to go with what I can find on PPCgeeks or XDA

I've got the same phone... Love it, best phone I've ever owned or used :)

Just having issues with getting bluetooth audio gateway support hooked up through RR on it. I want to use the carputer as my hands free kit, but so far I havent found anything that works well with RR integration. :(

I do have phone as a modem and that works great for streaming stuff or whatever, but its not the most practical way, or the way of choice. Be nice to hook it through bluetooth for that as well... :)

I use my iphone with my jazzy aux in and a windshield mount. It works fine as a hands free. :D

basically.. the only thing my iphone doesn't do that my carputer did was taken up space and play emulators.

I use my iphone with my jazzy aux in and a windshield mount. It works fine as a hands free. :D

basically.. the only thing my iphone doesn't do that my carputer did was taken up space and play emulators.

...and the iPhone is not a money pit and probably pretty reliable:lol:

:lol: yea..

I dont mean to sound snotty or poo on the carputer idea. I had one and I loved it... but.. my iphone does everything I wanted and I can take it with me. I can use the gps for walking directions when I'm out of the car.. and its seamless.

Best mobile device I've ever owned. Not so good as a non-carphone tho :lol:

So far... Knock on wood... My carputer hasnt been a money pit. Got virtually everything I need/want for it (save for the sirius tuner with interface box) for under $500. Been working great for me almost a year later.

certainly there's a growing community of this type of thing.. so theres better and cheaper products all the time.

I had almost $2k in my system when I gave up on it.. I didnt get but $300 out of it.

My computer was the size of a car amp and only had the most basic of cpu graphics etc.

Now people are coming out much less out of pocket with better looking setups than I had only a few years ago.

iphone supports pandora. I use it every day all day :lol:

and i'm not kidding.. I listen on the way to work on my iphone, get here, open it up, listn all day at work, put it in the car on the iphone again and listen all the way home.

sometimes when my neighbors are being worthless (which is all the time) I plug it into my home theater and use it there so I can drown them out.

Jealous! :redface: I wish I had an unlimited data plan so I can do this too.. I would also need to get Pandora to work on my blackberry first though.. :spin:

Great looking install OP. I want one of these in my car eventually..

Archived