LegacyGT.com

newbie... simple ECU tuning options?

So I just sold my VW R32 and got the wife a new Audi A3, so the 2005 Legacy GT will become my DD. I did this so I could get a dedicated track car. So forgive me, I did some searching, but no luck, and have always been a VAG guy so new to Subaru.

I'm looking for a simple ECU "flash" upgrade to get a bit more out of the GT. I don't want (or need) to do any custom tuning and don't plan on doing any other mods to the car.

I'm sure this topic has been talked about 1000x over. Any links you could point me to?

You can pick up a Cobb AP v.1 for much cheaper then that. I have seen them for $300 to $400 on this site and nasioc.com. An AP is all you will need for now. Good luck.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So I just sold my VW R32 and got the wife a new Audi A3, so the 2005 Legacy GT will become my DD. I did this so I could get a dedicated track car. So forgive me, I did some searching, but no luck, and have always been a VAG guy so new to Subaru.

I'm looking for a simple ECU "flash" upgrade to get a bit more out of the GT. I don't want (or need) to do any custom tuning and don't plan on doing any other mods to the car.

I'm sure this topic has been talked about 1000x over. Any links you could point me to?

I think most of us here love VAG, i have kid and have loved vag since my second nut dropped. Anyway the cheapest way is to get a usb to ecu cable if you have a laptop and get a tune that you can load by using ecuflash. It costs about 80 bucks for the cable.

Archived