LegacyGT.com

Cobb Tuning-2007 LGT Spec.b vs 2006 LGT spec.b

TenaciousC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol. Bbc...you don't have access to posts i've deleted.

Infamous, you're more than welcome to post it.

ORLY :p

Heres your deleted post TenaciousC:

Haha, and shun all the LGT non believers...shuuuunnnnnnnnn

seriously though, there are only two possible explanations:

1. it has v-tec

2. it has a hemi

3. subaru has secret workers that look at engines and put only the strongest ones on spec.b cars, but keeps it secret so people THINK that spec.b cars have the same HP as LGT's. That'll boost sales for sure. lol

I have the power too lol

So maybe I've answered my own question...

After reading around a bit, I learned that the 2007+ LGT (and Spec.b) have a few different components (than the 2005-06) regarding boost control, making the car more prone to overboost. Adding to this is the fact (correct me if I'm wrong) that the 2007+ models have slightly higher boost (stock) than 2005-06 because of the catless UP.

...thus forcing Cobb to tune the 2007+ models with lower boost...explaining why the 2007+ years have such a marginal power gain. That sound right?

(I'll PM Christian to get a definite answer)

Does it really matter which year will give you more gains? If you are that concerned with power just go with the 07+ since they come with a 6spd. You might as well get the stronger trans then and mod more. The 06' spec B jsut has a 5spd.

Yup. I'm going to have my next car for a while, and I want to know the pro's and con's. So, knowing these things has a value to me.

And yes, I am leaning towards the 2007 Spec.b bc of the 6MT and interior.

Plus, 2007 was when Subaru contracted Dodge to put Hemi's in all the Spec.b cars. Duh

• 2 weeks later...
My switch to stage 2 on my 06 spec b was night and day. I definately wouldn't describe it as scary by my butt dyno like someone else did I would call it sporty definately lacking once mph rises last 100 but I am use to driving a much faster car. I choose the 06 over the 07 mainly due to the ugly at lest to me interior on the 07. I did also speak to a dealership owner who went from a 06 to 07 and he prefered the 5 speed and look of the 06. That being said I may be a little jealous of the 6 speed that was the only factor pulling me to 07. The 5 has been great and hopefully it will hold up to a turbo upgrade when I change it. Hopefully I won't since it is my DD but I have history of changing them.

I did not notice a "massive" increase in power when I went to stage 1. The only reason I really wanted to do this was to correct the stutter issue present in these cars. It absolutely drove me nuts! I am not sure exactly why the '07's do not respond to the tune as well as the '05-'06's. I have heard that the turbos are different and do not have as much exess capacity in the newer cars.

I have not made the jump to stage 2 but I understand the main reason this increase is not as drastic is that the '07+ cars do not have the cat in the up-pipe which has already freed up some power so the difference it not a big.

I personally chose the '07 LTG Spec.B as I wanted an MT car with Nav and I really liked the blue accent interior on these cars. The 6MT is a plus but I wouldn't say it is a show stopper.

Zimm, did it get rid of the stutter? This is my main reason for going to Stage 1 as well for my '09 LGT. Does anyone know about how long it takes Stage 1 maps to become available for a new model-year LGT?

• 1 month later...
cipha1,

What does your comment spec b mode on?

Is that your stock 06 graph?

Looks like aftermarket exhaust in your avatar

lol spec b mode on was a joke :lol:

the graph is after a protune with the following mods:

cobb up/catted dp

fujitsubo cbe

avo tmic

cobb intake w/box

prodrive ebcs

gfb hybrid bov

• 2 months later...

I agree with original string, am disappointed that the new spec b's don't appear to gain as much hp/tq as older ones, but I bought the stage 2 package anyway....hope i'm not disappointed, but will let everyone know in a few weeks what its worth...

tenacious c - did you ever purchase and install??

I agree with original string, am disappointed that the new spec b's don't appear to gain as much hp/tq as older ones, but I bought the stage 2 package anyway....hope i'm not disappointed, but will let everyone know in a few weeks what its worth...

tenacious c - did you ever purchase and install??

Mines not a spec b, but you can get an idea of the gains to be had on a protuned 08 from my chart.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj25/lordeldor/stage2-LGT.jpg

Stock I had 213 whp and 209 wtq. Tuned at Engine Logics in Houston mine made 249 whp and 267 wtq.

This is with a Megan Racing down pipe, and perrin mid/y pipes. Stock mufflers.

If engine logics is the place I am thining of they due quality work especially with motor builds

I have nothing but good things to say about them. I have yet to go too deep into modifying any car, but if/when I do I will be trusting them to help me through it.

Archived