LegacyGT.com

Cobb Tuning-2007 LGT Spec.b vs 2006 LGT spec.b

TenaciousC

The nice thing about SI drive is a good protuner can independently adjust each mode so you can refine S, I, S# or make them all completely different.

my S# is the super aggressive tune while I has been smoothed out but still restricted and S was tampered with the least, i leave my car in S most of the time for daily driving, I for freeway cruising, and S# only when i want to do quick passing or horsing around on a backroad.

S# in my current tune is way too jumpy at the throttle when in stop n go traffic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said, you can't change the fuel/boost maps with the SI drive system. It only changes the mapping of the gas peddle to the throttle. You can't set one for race gas as it won't change the maps.

Yes, changing the throttle maps is "tuning" but it is analogous to changing the pully between the peddal and the throttle. No other parameters are changed.

As I said, you can't change the fuel/boost maps with the SI drive system. It only changes the mapping of the gas peddle to the throttle. You can't set one for race gas as it won't change the maps.

Yes, changing the throttle maps is "tuning" but it is analogous to changing the pully between the peddal and the throttle. No other parameters are changed.

are you speaking from protuning experience, because someone in the area here got his I mode in his 08 LGT retuned so it wasn't the restricted limp mode anymore, but fully on aggressive, which to me implies his boost maps were altered since his peak boost in that 'mode' was as high as his tuned S and S# mode. essentially he had no I mode anymore.

Like my completely stock 08' LGT 5MT on a dynojet :) (222awhp/251awtq)

some dyno charts of modded LGT's there, its a sticky in one of the sections

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72021

Not to sound like an ass;)...but my understanding is that dynojets always run high, and mustang dyno's run low.

With that said, it would be convincing if you (or anyone) could post similar figures on a mustang dyno.

Not to sound like an ass;)...but my understanding is that dynojets always run high, and mustang dyno's run low.

With that said, it would be convincing if you (or anyone) could post similar figures on a mustang dyno.

I do know dynojets dyno high, thats why i put it in my post.

However you can compare dynos from dynojet vs dynojet instead of dynojet vs mustang dyno.

Mustangs don't always run low, it depends on how they are calibrated. ;)

are you speaking from protuning experience, because someone in the area here got his I mode in his 08 LGT retuned so it wasn't the restricted limp mode anymore, but fully on aggressive, which to me implies his boost maps were altered since his peak boost in that 'mode' was as high as his tuned S and S# mode. essentially he had no I mode anymore.

I do not speak from protune experience but I have spoken to a protuner about this. The only reason that the "I" mode has a lower peak boost is that it does not allow the throttle to open fully even at full peddle travel. So this person must have just adjusted the "I" mode throttle map to function like the S and S# maps (allow full throttle travel) thereby allowing for normal peak boost.

You can see what I am saying in post #10 in this thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77788&highlight=mode+map

Question for you spec.b owners who have gone stage 1 or 2:

How did you feel afterwards with respect to power gains? Is modding a 2006 truly night and day and 2007 just marginal? Cobb dyno results would have me believe this.

Also, has anyone with a 07 raced an 06? That'd be useful to hear about too.

A few people have responded to this question in another thread, but more info would be helpful, as this will be a factor in my decision to buy 06 or 07. And please, I don't want to hear about Si-drive, VDC, 6MT, interior, etc. JUST the power gains. So, please don't respond with "well the 6MT is stronger" and get off topic. THANKS

I did not notice a "massive" increase in power when I went to stage 1. The only reason I really wanted to do this was to correct the stutter issue present in these cars. It absolutely drove me nuts! I am not sure exactly why the '07's do not respond to the tune as well as the '05-'06's. I have heard that the turbos are different and do not have as much exess capacity in the newer cars.

I have not made the jump to stage 2 but I understand the main reason this increase is not as drastic is that the '07+ cars do not have the cat in the up-pipe which has already freed up some power so the difference it not a big.

I personally chose the '07 LTG Spec.B as I wanted an MT car with Nav and I really liked the blue accent interior on these cars. The 6MT is a plus but I wouldn't say it is a show stopper.

With stage 1 there wasn't a huge gain in power, however it seemed to come on a lot smoother throughout compared to stock.

Once i moved to stage 2 though i definitely noticed a decent increase in power. I'll have a bit more info next month when i get tuned...

Question for you spec.b owners who have gone stage 1 or 2:

How did you feel afterwards with respect to power gains? Is modding a 2006 truly night and day and 2007 just marginal? Cobb dyno results would have me believe this.

Power gains and accel for a stg 2 protune with AP, turboback, aftermarket TMIC, stock turbo, injectors, pump, intake on my 07 Spec B were night and day.

Acceleration from the butt dyno was scary in my most aggressive tune mode and vastly different from the stock.

So I've been looking around and have yet to find the answer, or an unbiased opinion...has anyone put a stock spec.b against a stock lgt of the same year on the same dyno on the same day? I feel like this mystery needs to be put to death, if it hasn't already.

And PLEASE, no butt dyno's, 0-60, or 1/4 mile times...too many variables.

So I've been looking around and have yet to find the answer, or an unbiased opinion...has anyone put a stock spec.b against a stock lgt of the same year on the same dyno on the same day? I feel like this mystery needs to be put to death, if it hasn't already.

And PLEASE, no butt dyno's, 0-60, or 1/4 mile times...too many variables.

sounds like you'll need to organize such an event. My car is pretty heavily modded now, so its no good for comparison/analysis.

All I know is once I throw on invidia DP, cobb SS CBE, cobb SF Airbox/intake system and the AP stage 2 v1.03 93 octane for AT... it's a whole different beast. I don't even know the numbers but it feels *almost* as good as the stock STi I test drove. It's a huge kick in power and torque. And i mode still works fine. S# is just off the hook.

All I know is once I throw on invidia DP, cobb SS CBE, cobb SF Airbox/intake system and the AP stage 2 v1.03 93 octane for AT... it's a whole different beast. I don't even know the numbers but it feels *almost* as good as the stock STi I test drove. It's a huge kick in power and torque. And i mode still works fine. S# is just off the hook.

Should feel better than the stock STI. Should have the same if not more power and boost hitting sooner in the power band.

Archived