LegacyGT.com

Perrin "3 Catless Downpipe vs Stock Exhaust

Okay so far my perrin 3"downpipe i installed on my car has not been very friendly with mating up to the stock exhaust very well. For one the donut gasket trick to flip it around was not successfully as the gasket was stuck on the oem downpipe. Then i got a vibrant 3" exhaust gasket and still i have leaks. The problem is the flange on the downpipe does not seal completely on the stock midpipe flange. Does anyone have any suggestions for what i should do. Right now the exhaust leaks during deceleration because of the engine moving back and fourth.

I just came here to post a similar topic: I just installed an invidia catted high flow downpipe to a cobb CBE.

On acceleration between 1500 rmps to 2000 rpms, and from deceleration from 4000 rmps down to 1500... it sounds like a rattle or almost as if there is a washer floating around in the exhaust. I didn't notice this until I was driving through a store parking lot, and could hear the echo off the buildings and cars.

The invidia down doesn't use the donut gasket. The cobb CBE is countersunk to accept it, but I didn't use it. the invidia downpipe came with a regular gasket... so I just used this.

Is this the same problem you are having?

You have the 3 inch catless one? and you used two gaskets and it sealed 100% with the stocker? mine seems to leak at the top of the flange for some reason.

Yeah, I bought the perrin dp used and it came with two gaskets so I just bolted it up to my stock resonator/y-pipe and haven't had any problems.

Archived