LegacyGT.com

Temporary Weight Reduction?

Is there anything I can temporarily take out of my car to reduce the weight for a couple of runs? I have taken out the spare and jack. But I was thinking about maybe taking out the back seats? How much do the back seats weigh and is something like this possible?

don't forget the spare
Reading owns you :lol:

Is there anything I can temporarily take out of my car to reduce the weight for a couple of runs? I have taken out the spare and jack. But I was thinking about maybe taking out the back seats? How much do the back seats weigh and is something like this possible?
:spin:

Keep the oil level just above minimum on the engine.

Actually - at least on early STi:s any oil level above half mark was claimed to cause a power drop. (may be an urban legend)

Remove every non-essential item, like the junk you have in the glove compartment. And don't forget to vacuum your carpets and make sure they are dry! A wash of the underside can clear you of unexpected amount of dirt adding to the weight.

A clean interior is actually a good idea if you are going to race in case you do a rollover. It's amazing how much junk you can discover at a rollover!

Remove the sound insulation and carpets if you are going extreme!

453747.png

Wouldn't you want to race the car in street form? If you pulled up to someone at a red light and told them that you could pull off a 13 second run and so could they, you'd loose. Unless you said "wait a minute, I need to take out my jack, my spare tire, my sub, my back seat, and dump 8 gallons of gas on the road." "Oh, by the way sweetie, you'll need to wait along side the road while I race this guy." Not that I'm advocating street racing but stripping out a DD is dumb, even if it is temporary.[/rant]

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

Wouldn't you want to race the car in street form? If you pulled up to someone at a red light and told them that you could pull off a 13 second run and so could they, you'd loose. Unless you said "wait a minute, I need to take out my jack, my spare tire, my sub, my back seat, and dump 8 gallons of gas on the road." "Oh, by the way sweetie, you'll need to wait along side the road while I race this guy." Not that I'm advocating street racing but stripping out a DD is dumb, even if it is temporary.[/rant]

Unless you take it all off and keep it off, all the time. The diet thing might be a bit hard, the taking a crap and pissing on command thing could get tricky.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Archived