LegacyGT.com

I got a SEARS gift card and I was interesteed in getting a buffer.

I have no experence with buffers, I wax my car often by hand.

Any ideas on which one would be good for me. My car is black.

I see sears also had DeWalt and makita.

Any recommendations would be great.

I don't see anything on that page that I would recommend for a beginner. The Makita and DeWalt machines are rotary polishers that after 10 years in the business even I don't use. My suggestion is to use the gift card for a nice shop vac or a socket set and order a Porter Cable 7424. Or see if Sears can order it for you. I've seen Porter Cable tools at Sears before, so it is possible that they could get one.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I don't have an opinion on it. These tools are pricey enough that I can't afford to buy and test one of each. lol If it wasn't for the fact that I got a good tax return this year and happened to find a good deal on a FLEX at the same time, I probably wouldn't have even bought one of those. Honestly there isn't a whole lot of difference in results from one professional random orbital polisher and the next. If you are doing this for a living then you would want whatever professional edge you can get. I've operated for years with a PC 7424 without ever wishing I had something with a little more oomph.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived