LegacyGT.com

Subaru Impreza WRX STI 380S

dc78

Yea its just an acquired taste I guess lol. Everytime I see the '08 at the local dealership, I like it a bit more. I wanna go test drive it just to feel the 224 hp, this would be my first turbo actually. What do ya like about your STi?

What I like about this STI.... I love hatchbacks first of all. I can actually use my backseat compared to my damn 06 non folding down rear seat LGT. I also love the presence on the road of an STI, which you probably would have in the WRX. One thing I felt that was missing from the 08 WRX (and still the 09) is fender flares. The STI fixes that and looks pretty badass.

The sound system sucks though, be prepared to change it out if you like good audio. Also the ipod connection has alot to be desired.

I think the new WRX would be a great purchase for those who can't/don't want to pay for an STI. It is going to be fast, has 30 more hp than the lancer rallieart(sp?) and has room in the trunk with fold down seats!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like my BBS. However, now I wish I went with the 5 spoke and got the Advan RS w/ +29 offset!!!! :D

29 offsets fit our car without fender rolling? Where would you reocmmend getting the Advans at? I wish I could afford Works, I think they would look badass on our car... the VSXX model. I will probably end up with ultralegga's or something not too crazy expensive.

What I like about this STI.... I love hatchbacks first of all. I can actually use my backseat compared to my damn 06 non folding down rear seat LGT. I also love the presence on the road of an STI, which you probably would have in the WRX. One thing I felt that was missing from the 08 WRX (and still the 09) is fender flares. The STI fixes that and looks pretty badass.

Have to agree with you about the fold-down seats, even if I disagree opinion-wise about the look of the Impreza and STI model.

The sound system sucks though, be prepared to change it out if you like good audio. Also the ipod connection has alot to be desired.

At least the sound system can be changed out. :D Another plus over Legacy GT.

I think the new WRX would be a great purchase for those who can't/don't want to pay for an STI. It is going to be fast, has 30 more hp than the lancer rallieart(sp?) and has room in the trunk with fold down seats!

I agree. This is going to slot in to those who want an STI, but can no longer, or never could quite swing the purchase price, being well over $30k.

(why that is is another discussion for another time... I think the STI should have come down to $29k, rather than the WRX going up to 27.5k and 265hp. The people that can afford 35-40k buy things more sophisticated than STIs or EVOs for the most part. They are limiting their 20-something or early 30 something demographic.)

It will be interesting to see how RA and WRX compete... RA has more features, and better looks, WRX has a better chassis layout, and more power, but less bits and baubles, and it looks the way it does.

What cracks me up MOST about the upgraded WRX. How much in advertising did Subaru spend on their commercials and website advertisements for "a rebirth of a legend?" WTF It would have been much more awesome if they would have done the "rebith of a legend" crap with the 2009 WRX.

Epic fail Subaru

Nahh I will most likely get the WRX sedan, not a big hatch fan. Almost chose the MS3 for my first ride. It had an insane amount of torque, but I just couldn't see myself in that car.

I decked out the stereo in my Legacy, not going to want any aftermarket stereo in the WRX.

No need for fold down seats, but it would be nice to have a bike rack, thats all I'll ask for :rolleyes:

Nahh I will most likely get the WRX sedan, not a big hatch fan. Almost chose the MS3 for my first ride. It had an insane amount of torque, but I just couldn't see myself in that car.

I decked out the stereo in my Legacy, not going to want any aftermarket stereo in the WRX.

No need for fold down seats, but it would be nice to have a bike rack, thats all I'll ask for :rolleyes:

Why on earth would anyone buy a WRX Sedan?

LEGACY GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are talking about sedans, Legacy has it all over WRX, and with an AccessPort Stage 1 tune it will be at or above the new WRX's updated horsepower.

The WRX Sedan is ugly as hell compared to the Legacy. The legacy is nicer inside, as well, and the price spread is not THAT big for a better car.

If you are talking about sedans, Legacy has it all over WRX, and with an AccessPort Stage 1 tune it will be at or above the new WRX's updated horsepower.

The WRX Sedan is ugly as hell compared to the Legacy. The legacy is nicer inside, as well, and the price spread is not THAT big for a better car.

Yea I thought it was ugly at first, now I really like it lol. I'm sure a few visual mods will help. I don't want another Legacy, nothing against it, just want something different. Was a nice lil ride for my first car though :cool:

Plus your insurance will be a ton cheaper!

Archived