LegacyGT.com

Subaru Impreza WRX STI 380S

dc78

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the Mazda3, and Audi A3 are both nice... *5* door hatches.

But the Impreza is not nearly as clean of a design as those, and it wouldn't have needed to carbon copy either one to be a better design than it is.

A 3-door fastback coupe should have been on the roster from day 1 of the new impreza's run, rather than a coupe just now being under development with Toyota for 2010 or 2011, and the 4-door sedan should never have been built. The Legacy already does that job far better for very little increase in price, and a world better looking while doing it.

I really like the way that the STi looks, but then again, I've always been a fan of hatches. Perhaps I was corrupted as a child riding in the back of a VW chocolate Rabbit. The WRX sedan is a big fail, but the hatch is proper. Throwing more power at it just makes it tastier.

But 380 hp is "wringing the most out of the 2.5 powerplant"?:lol:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I'm hoping I can still find a 06-07 STi w/ decent mileage in a few years b/c Subaru has butchered the '08. Hopefully things will return to the original/vintage look within the next 5-10 model years, although it seems to be a current trend. Hopefully the Legacy will not make a turn for the worse.

I have seen a JDM 08 Sti' date=' grey with gunmetal rims in person and let me tell you that thing is really hot! In real life it looks SO much better than in pics![/quote']

In person, it looks like any other hatch. It doesn't have its signature STi look anymore, IMO.

what was the signature STI look? The big wing? Did the sti limited have the signature STI look? Lol. If u need a wing to stand out by all means u can add one to the 08.

Funny story, I was parked outside a restaurant and I noticed a young lady park her mazda 3 hatchback right next to mine. She got out of her car and walked around my car for about 20 seconds, it was awesome! :)

Sedan wise, I kinda agree. the M35 is a more striking presence in person than the G.

The G sedan isn't bad looking, but in person it comes off as shorter, narrower, and taller with a hunchback roofline, more than on the screen or printed page.

The M is longer, and wider, which helps detract from the roofline, which is also longer.

The G coupe is pretty good looking. I wish it had kept a bit more of the edge of the G35c in the rear quarter windows, and body lines, with a few of the new curves and the new headlights and such.

I love the look of the stock wheels, goign to keep them for winter. But, if you read the sti forums you quickly find out that they weigh roughly 8 pounds more than the BBS rims and roughly 10lbs more than a good aftermarket rim. So alot of hardcore users are reporting that they can tell a difference between the two and that they are preferring to get lighter rims.

I wish they were lighter myself :)

:whore: I agree...the new-design BBS, not so much, but the stockers are five spokes to pure weight.

fixored. these are heavy suckers I read

what was the signature STI look? The big wing? Did the sti limited have the signature STI look? Lol. If u need a wing to stand out by all means u can add one to the 08.

Funny story, I was parked outside a restaurant and I noticed a young lady park her mazda 3 hatchback right next to mine. She got out of her car and walked around my car for about 20 seconds, it was awesome! :)

Nah, said nothing about a wing. you can also put a wing on an new Accord and stand out just as much as an '08 WRX.

:whore: I agree...the new-design BBS, not so much, but the stockers are five spokes to pure sex.

I like my BBS. However, now I wish I went with the 5 spoke and got the Advan RS w/ +29 offset!!!! :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Lol, congrats. It will be sweet!

Yea its just an acquired taste I guess lol. Everytime I see the '08 at the local dealership, I like it a bit more. I wanna go test drive it just to feel the 224 hp, this would be my first turbo actually. What do ya like about your STi?

I like my BBS. However, now I wish I went with the 5 spoke and got the Advan RS w/ +29 offset!!!! :D

Ooooohhhhh...you should trade with another '08 owner so you can do that! Those Advans are :cool::cool::cool::cool:!!

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Archived