LegacyGT.com

What choice of USDM engine equal length headers are there?

edkwon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So instead of people associating you with catless Sti's, they will associate the sound of your vehicle with Honduh's?

Ever consider a more civil catback, like borla? From what I've read the Cobb catback is one of the louder ones out there.

I will be going w/ the WBR in the not too distant future as they look to be second in my book, only to Full-Race.

Plus, the are one of the few that offer a 3 bolt uppipe w/ EWG option ;)

Are you going EWG? Back into DP?

So instead of people associating you with catless Sti's, they will associate the sound of your vehicle with Honduh's?

Ever consider a more civil catback, like borla? From what I've read the Cobb catback is one of the louder ones out there.

Ive heard EL headers on an LGT, it sounds quite nice actually. and FYI i have a cobb DP not a catback, my catback is made by K2, also a nice sound. It's so funny how offended ppl are getting from me dissing the sacred 'rumble'. as i said in another thread, get over it.

what about the wbr? It looks like a quality piece? Any issues with those?

can't help but quote this site that has the tomei..

"The Tomei Expreme exhaust manifold for the Subaru EJ25 provides improved performance with expreme quality." why can't people just do a little marketing improvements like... spelling extreme correctly.quote]

I believe they tried to mix (on purpose) extreme and premium or something like that. The model is actually called the Tomei Expreme. Go figure.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Who sells Tomei products? I went to there site, but didn't see anything for the Legacy.

Don't know where they're sold but Mines has a Tomei ELH TS / PE1825 Turbo setup that he's selling here. He bought his new so he may know the distributor.

Just got the Perrin ELHs ceramic coated, plan to get them installed within the next couple weeks (along w all the other planned mods)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9580/cimg0222vk7.jpg

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4174/cimg0223ik8.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5994/cimg0225kw8.jpg

Look really professionally done. Do you think there will be any issues at the flange with the gasket and the coating? I figured that area would/should be metal to gasket, but having never used coatings before, I don't know what the effect would be. Will look forward to your on-car, butt-dyno assessment.

Look really professionally done. Do you think there will be any issues at the flange with the gasket and the coating? I figured that area would/should be metal to gasket, but having never used coatings before, I don't know what the effect would be. Will look forward to your on-car, butt-dyno assessment.

i have no thoughts on the issue, better to ask someone who has already installed them and see if they have already experience gasket/seal issues. i assume that the shop (which does header work on many different cars, including race car applications) wouldnt coat everything if they thought it was going to cause a problem.

i have no thoughts on the issue, better to ask someone who has already installed them and see if they have already experience gasket/seal issues. i assume that the shop (which does header work on many different cars, including race car applications) wouldnt coat everything if they thought it was going to cause a problem.

Will be interested to hear too. Good luck and enjoy the ride, post install. Keep us posted.

sgt's APS headers also cracked. After a friend of ours analyzed the headers, he said they were poorly made and it was just a matter of time before they cracked. Our friend builds headers and exhausts for a living.

http://sms-products.com/index.html

His exhausts and headers are some of the best in the business.

I tried GP Motos, and they sucked. Tons of tubing, didn't fit (wasn't even close!), and leaked like a sieve after we managed to fit it. I'm sticking with stock exhaust manifold.

Perrin doesn't back purge their welds either, and I wonder how well the collector's done. It's not that I don't like the idea of an ELH. I love it, and I prefer the quietness, but none of the ones I've seen in person are worth putting on the car.

Warren

Just got the Perrin ELHs ceramic coated, plan to get them installed within the next couple weeks (along w all the other planned mods)

Wow, looks really good!! Who did the coating? Did they coat the inside of the headers too?

Wow, looks really good!! Who did the coating? Did they coat the inside of the headers too?

Yes the ceramic coating is done inside and out and then they also do a copper coating treatment at the openings which they said also helps with heat retention. It's some local shop in Santa Ana, Ca

nice you went to the shop i suggested, EMBEE Performance

What they charged was pretty cheap too. Between the cost of a used set of headers and the coating, i still paid less than a brand new set.

What they charged was pretty cheap too. Between the cost of a used set of headers and the coating, i still paid less than a brand new set.

Schweet! Nothing better than that.

Archived