LegacyGT.com

Like my dashcam, huh?

When I installed car audio/vidoe/security, I would play with customer's shit all the time. Never took anything though.

Like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrBfDVkbGXE]YouTube - Dealer tech rummaging around in my car[/ame]

I found a picture of Scruit

http://thejiveman.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/tinfoil-hat.jpg

:lol:

Seriously tho, the camera system looks like it has been valuable.. who knows what it's gonna catch...

The foil has to cover the ears - that's where the antennae are.

Anyone remember the guy from Missouri who had the dashcam in the car when the cop was yelling at him saying he'd beat him up and claim he "resisted arrest". The cop saw the camera and started asking about it and threatening to "take it back to the station and rip it apart... find the tape". Well that driver was smart enough to tell the cop that the video had a "secure live upload" or words to that effect. Suddenly the cop wasn't so interested in looking for the tape.

Well, I don't plan to get in any run-ins with the police (my dashcam video has been used in 2 criminal prosecutions - the police around here love it) but if someone steals the car, or steals from it, the I could see them going searching for the "VCR". I need to take an old radio shack project box, run some wires to it and attach it into the trunk with a label on it; "Camera System: Satellite Uplink" and stick an old antenna on it. A decoy "live uplink" might throw them off. Just like commercial CCTV installers will sometimes put an old VHS tape recorder next to the CCTV monitor in the office so that any thief who tries to steal the evidence of the crime will be stealing a blank tape from a non-working VCR, not the actual DVR itself.

I locked the door - he called the police. After they got both sides of the story straight they arrested him,

Very wise decision on your part. I get too defensive, so I would've been out of the car throwing fists, all on tape lol.

I am a very spiritual person who believes in universal powers and energy. It almost seems as if you may attract individuals who need to be caught so the universe can give them what they deserve. Maybe you're the universal messenger or some $hIt.

I am a very spiritual person who believes in universal powers and energy. It almost seems as if you may attract individuals who need to be caught so the universe can give them what they deserve. Maybe you're the universal messenger or some .

:lol::lol:

Scruit, sick system. makes me want to get a dash cam just for a little extra protection if I get in an accident.

brian

I'm amazed at how many people make the following statements to me, always in this order...

1) Why do you have a dashcam?

2) Yeah (I/my friend) got blamed in an accident becuase the other driver lied.

3) Cool idea.

4) Get a life.

I would match the carpet better. If I saw that out of the corner of my eye I would immediately assume you were hiding some high end audio equipment.

Agreed. I need to take a sample to an auto parts store and get some matching carpet.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived