LegacyGT.com

STI seats in LGT

SUBY3

well, the 08 isn't near as bad as our 07. it's somewhere inbetween. still... I want some lush heated power leather recaros!

Perhaps, but the 04-07 STi seats are horrid. Sure, if you've got a race car they're great to keep you in your seat, but super uncomfortable.

I know. :) I don't drive the 07 for a reason... and though the 08's aren't as bad, they aren't exactly comfy either.

I haven't sat in an '08, so I can't comment there.

Especially since I'm a bigger guy, I hated the feel of the STi seats. I like the LGT seats much better. They still hold you in somewhat, but don't pinch your thighs at all.

I was pretty much deadset on getting an '05 STi until I test drove one. I couldn't stand the seat and overall ride comfort, it basically sucked. I couldn't justify having something so uncomfortable as a daily driver.

I agree. and I have/had both. LGT seats way more comfy than our USDM fatass STI seats. :( If we had the recaro's that'd be a different story. should look at the Evo leather recaro's... those are nice. :)

The 08 JDM STI Recaros own the EVO Recaros, no comparison. The STI Recaro has much better thigh bolstering and lateral support.

Not to steal the thread, but going along the same line here, does anyone know if an 05+ STi steering wheel with an airbag would fit in an 08 Outback 2.5i? Or a legacy 2.5i SE? I just dont like the crappy steering wheel in my car or my wifes wagon. I think the STi steering wheel would be sweet in the outback. Thanks for any info... Also would an 05+ Legacy MOMO steering wheel fit on the 08's?

A hell of a lot. :)

NASIOC's had a petition to get those seats in the new Impreza, forever...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364234

The price is mentioned a few times, in there. Pretty sure it'd be well over $3,000.

Though the Prodrive Recaros are nice, too!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Siper2/Subaru%20Impreza/Recaro-seat.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Siper2/Subaru%20Impreza/Recaro-seat2.jpg <--- Air conditioned. :cool:

Yeah I think they're cooled, that's why I said air conditioned in the caption, there. Though you're right, it's probably more just like a fan.

I have seen some aftermarket Recaros which are cooled, so I'm sure it's the same kind of deal.

As for the STi Recaros, yeah they're awesome. :) JapanParts.com probably has them...or can at least get them. I don't see them on the site, though.

"I have 2002 WRX Seats in my 96 Legacy. Best seats I've sat in, they just hug you.

Pretty much any suby seat will bolt into any suby."

Thats exactly what i'm looking to do with my 2001 LGT....ANYBODY know if the leather wrx seats from an 02-04 will fit in my roo?? If so im about to swoop on some because the leather in my legacy gets me all butt hurt wen i drive!

They should fit. Just take a look at the 4 bolts holding the seat down. it should be the same.

"I have 2002 WRX Seats in my 96 Legacy. Best seats I've sat in, they just hug you.

Pretty much any suby seat will bolt into any suby."

Thats exactly what i'm looking to do with my 2001 LGT....ANYBODY know if the leather wrx seats from an 02-04 will fit in my roo?? If so im about to swoop on some because the leather in my legacy gets me all butt hurt wen i drive!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I think they're cooled, that's why I said air conditioned in the caption, there. Though you're right, it's probably more just like a fan.

I have seen some aftermarket Recaros which are cooled, so I'm sure it's the same kind of deal.

As for the STi Recaros, yeah they're awesome. :)JapanParts.com probably has them...or can at least get them. I don't see them on the site, though.

Lots of the STi seats have gone Out of production our side recently; ( which is why these aren't on our Site;) )

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=&middlesmall=2%3A17&maker=&volkey=1007G-023

1007G-023

are available as Single seats or Pairs, but note that with these STi's you *will* lose the side Airbags

GW

JapanpartsLLC

* Since 1996 *

I had Ver7 Impreza STI seats in my 06 LGT. I thought it will just need some small modding. I ended up spending a couple months to do that. I made custom bracket for the seat to mount on on the floor. Also ripped out all the wires and seat sensors and airbag from LGT stock seats and swapped into the STI seats. It came out very nice at the end. You can see from my photo album.

Archived