LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 for 2 days and Already I blew up my Intercooler!

Long Island Legacy

How much boost were you running? Did you blow the end tank completely off?

I have been stage 2 for a year and a half and about 17k miles. End tanks are perfectly in tack. I check them once every few months.

I was originally peaking 17.5 psi, now I am running like 16.5 with no problems.

I think most people have issues when running >= 17.5 psi consistently.

So either keep the boost down with a conservative tune or upgrade :)

<knocks on wood>

Mine looked, and seemed, to be holding fine at 18psi. Then I pressure tested the IC and it leaked like a sieve. Just cause the tabs look ok, doesn't mean they are. Onyl way to tell is to periodicly pressure test the system.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

This has probably been answered on other threads but if the tabs were to break/come lose from the stock IC would you throw a code?
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I'll be having an extra stock reinforced IC up for sale as soon as this weekend cause I just received a used AVO IC. The reinforced one has expoxy (not JB Weld but something like it) and two metal band clamps around it to prevent it from blowing the end tanks off. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you some pics.

Quinn I actually called AVO and they had them in stock today. But they wouldn't budge on the price so i would have spent over 800+ shipped. I got the Perrin from IAG actually, really awesome guys on there and they getting me a stealth black one and it will be here by Friday. Cant really beat that.

"Overnight parts from japan if we have to"

"Overnight parts from japan if we have to"
done.

|.....Overnight.......................| ||

|........Japan Parts....................||'|";,___.

|_..._..._____________=======||_|_|...,]

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"''''''"**|(@)(@)****** "(@)

heh, i so would but i'm gonna be away in PA this weekend. I know i waited so long and now its just sitting there begging me to put it in. O well, maybe this week if i get time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived