LegacyGT.com

XT - Bilstein BTS kit as offered in JDM - see link

Anybody contacted japanparts.com about this kit? I purchased a JDM rear bumper with the exhaust cutouts from Graham, maybe he could get the kit.

Hey, Greg!!

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=&car=&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=387-001-009

387-001-009 is on our Site + in Stock, ready to ship

Like everything in the Japanparts site; 10% Discount off parts pricing to LegacyGT members who checkout through the online shopping cart in Japanparts.com

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely interested. i've been waffling on the MR coilover for a year now, and my gut still says they aren't ideal for me. I PM'ed M. Scheider above to see if he too the plunge and be guinie pig, but I havn't heard back. Any report?

Thanks,

Holiday

I PMed JapanParts about a Group Buy but he said no. So I'm going back to stock this weekend and then have my MR's rebuilt...i'm either gonna sell them once they are repaired or reinstall them...haven't decided. pretty sure I'm going to lift the car as high as I can get it no matter what. Winter is coming and I'm going to be making runs in the snow.

I PMed JapanParts about a Group Buy but he said no. So I'm going back to stock this weekend and then have my MR's rebuilt...i'm either gonna sell them once they are repaired or reinstall them...haven't decided. pretty sure I'm going to lift the car as high as I can get it no matter what. Winter is coming and I'm going to be making runs in the snow.

I have no interest in doing a GB on this Part; Bilstein Japan do not have enough of these kits in Stock to support a GB ( ! )

Please note; we *do* offer a 10% Discount off our website parts pricing to LegacyGT members as a matter of course, as long as:

when you checkout through our website + put "LEGACYDISC" in the comments on our online Order form ( with this Part discount pretty much pays the Airfreight to your Door inside the 48 States ) I would suggest at the current x-change rate: late $1,700's -early $1,800's depending on destination, Discount included

**Expect 5-7 days delivery for this Kit**

Take care

GW

JapanpartsLLC

* Since 1996 *

Thanks, not trying to ruffle any feathers. Just communicating to the group our exchange.

Likewise + Totally Unruffled: :) ie: neither on the attack, nor the defense ( ! )

( It would take an Atomic Blast to ruffle my feathers )

Thanks for your enquiry, and happy to assist you anytime :p

Graham Ware

Export manager

JapanpartsLLC

* Since 1996 *

these keep the USDM ride height of 8.7" right?

Bilstein ( Japan ) comments: "The BTS kit doesn't change the Stock ride height"

Typically, when 1st installed, the ride height can be slightly higher than Stock, then when the setup beds-in and settles after a few miles of use; will be at the height your Stock setup was before the Bilstein conversion

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

when I checked, these were $1757 usd, not the 1250 or so M. scheider saw a month ago. exchange rate change that much? I was ready to go, but another $500 has me thiinking again. w/ shipping thats about twice the MR coilovers. and I'm not sure they are an improvement. are there any other options when you go to the 2K price tag that come into play?

Cheers,

Holiday

I wouldn't worry too much about the unknown. Bilstein is widely regarded as the world's best manufacturer of shock and strut assemblies. In this case it is even better, since the springs are specifically matched to the shocks and struts. The only thing I am concerned with, is that Bilsteins are lifetime warrantied, but will that remain in effect if we grey market them over to the states?

I think the JDM is about 1" lower

If this is true it would be great.

The spring rates are awfully soft though. My Megan Racing coilovers are 6kg and 8kg I think.

From the website:

"Only for 2.5i OUTBACK A-D model. Spring Rate: F, 3kg R, 4.6kg. No change in ride height. Price is for a while car."

from what I can see the only "Custom Coilovers" are going to be making a set yourself. You'd have to try and figure out quite a few things to do it but it is possible. Finding some sort of insert should be used with it and from what I find you have no choices. Does Koni make anything? A few pics off of the ground control site. cool thing is that you can mix and match spring rates.

944rearco_dp.jpg.e9a155743acdc063b074e7d43b26b206.jpg

month_special.jpg.54c491c6c11dcc33807854f51951a810.jpg

Good to know - thanks for posting this.

Not to be a downer, but personally-speaking, I'll hold off getting too excited over this until someone from the board takes the plunge and installs a set.

I would've ponied up for the Megan Racing coilovers if it weren't for all the buzz about their quality/longevity. At the very least, I do have some experience with Bilstein and know them to be a quality product.

Thanks again--

Tim

What is that buzz? Is there a thread here about MR problems?

I've had mine on the car for 15 months and 30,000 miles: I'm very happy with them. No doubt the Bilsteins would be cushier.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Hello All - new to here, but I started on the Outback.org site.

I've been reading this and related threads in here and want to thank unclemat and MS and japanparts for finding and digging out the Bilstein replacements, pricey as they are. My '06 2.5i ltd w/44K mi has just blown a rear strut and the whole suspension is soft as a grape excepting the Rallitek RSB I put in 6 months ago when I bought the car (used).

So - has anyone dropped coin and installed these Bils- yet ?

$1800+ is waaay overpriced even for Bils, so I wonder if the cost of importing to JDM raises the price ...

I would expect them to really improve the stock mush, and most people feel they will fit. I just can't commit to that $$ when good coilovers are out there for 40% less.

just, sayin'

Nice to meet you all!

Scott

Archived