LegacyGT.com

Some questions of new user

Hi everybody.

I am Sergio from Barcelona (SPAIN)

Now I have a Legacy 3.0 145cv automatic from 2003. With 6cd charger , gps-dvd carputer original from Subaru (Is a Kenwood)

Before I have a Impreza 2.0 GX VE from 2004.

I am very happy with my new car :cool: but I have some questions :confused:

First af all sorry for my english I write better I know ;)

1.- Can I install a auto-close external mirrors? How?

2.- Is possible to make any for less consume? No problem if less CV.

3.- Any one have a rearview camera? photos?

4.- Can I update the software of the car computer?

5.- Can I change the 6cd charge for use a mp3 cd's?

6.- Any nows if I can replace the gpa-dvd unit by a gpsbox? But I want to continue using the car-computer.

Thank you!!!

atoriecb@hotmail.com :spin:

Hey man,

0. Legacy 3.0 145cv automatic from 2003

How does that car look ? A 2003? I think it is the previous body style...Can you show us a picture ? In that regards you may want to inquire on Australian Boards. That particular model is not very well represented here on these boards and with regards to navigation, we did not know what that is on a factory Subaru until 2006.

1.- Can I install a auto-close external mirrors? How?

Most of us would fancy that as well. It is a Japan-only option and I do not know of anyone here (most of us are in United States or Canada) to have retrofitted that feature on a Legacy.

2.- Is possible to make any for less consume? No problem if less CV.

You may wanna tune it but that may void warranty. Again, if it is from 2003, then what warranty ? If from 2003, your car requires new sparkplugs, cleaning the injectors, fuel & air filter change, you could try adding an air intake and most importantly accelerate slowly. You may look on the boards here and on NASIOC about maintenance for the Normally Aspirated Engines.

3.- Any one have a rearview camera? photos?

4.- Can I update the software of the car computer?

5.- Can I change the 6cd charge for use a mp3 cd's?

6.- Any nows if I can replace the gpa-dvd unit by a gpsbox? But I want to continue using the car-computer.

I am not sure what you mean here. The age of the unit will determine what functions are available. The link that you added seems to me to show a current, modern unit. For us, we change the software by getting new maps from Subaru. That includes the navigation maps.

If you look up in the Interior Forums, and if your display is touchscreen, you may be able to come up with your own ideas: you could add navigation by using this display as part of a multimedia Car PC or you may be able to to just use it as a display and controller for a simple but effective navigation solution by connecting it to a Garmin handheld navigation unit. Again, search in the interior forums - there are many solutions there to all past, preent and future navigation issues.

Hey man, so this is like what we drive. And with a 3L engine, you must actually have a 2008 model year car.

Yes, you should be able to swap it with the unit that plays mp3s.

So are you saying your car does not have navigation ? In which case the easiest way would be to get the OEM navigation since you have everything in place: I would imagine adding navigation would mean simply adding the unit - the wires should be there. Alternatively,

this is the thread about making a Garmin work with your OEM screen

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71423&highlight=navigation

while this

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4632940&pp=25

should give you the links to the relevant questions about upgrading the discs and the software. Click thru the pages.

Hey man, so this is like what we drive. And with a 3L engine, you must actually have a 2008 model year car.

Wrong. BP/BL LGTs had the 3.0L engine option since their introduction in 2004. The 3.0L option wasn't available in North America until MY2008.

Hi again.

Yes I have a navigation and the screen with the information about workshop, consume, etc.

What I ask is if it will be possible to change the navigator system (now is a DVD kenwood original form subaru) and install a GPSBOX using the actual touchscreen.

About the 6cd changer with mp3 now i will look for how change! :D

My car is a 3.0 and 245CV

Consume arround: 13 L/100KM :p (I will try to reduce)

Hi FISHBONE.

YES 13L/100 is around 18mpg.

I know I need to down it to around 10-11L but.... how?

Exist the posibility to reprogram the car?

It's better 95 or 98 octans gas?

About the other questions I ask at top of this post.... have you got any answer? :p

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :D

13l/100 means 18mpg. Yeah, I'd say that's a lead foot :) You should be seeing closer to 10-11l/100km

I'm doing 8.6l/100km on my Wagon on a regular basis and have been down to 7.3 on long distance driving keeping the speed limits ;)

453747.png

atoriecb, just don't redline every gear ;)

Do you still have some leaded gas at pumps in Spain? If so, make sure you buy unleaded only. Is 98 the top Premium? Then go with 98.

Europe and USA measure octane differently. Do you know what MON and RON is for 95 and 98? Europe posts the RON value at the pump, America calculates the average of the two, so MON+Ron/2

RON = research octane rating

MON = motor octane rating

I promise you that I don't run a lot.

I think the problem is that normally I make a traject of 5 km from house to work.

The last weekend I was in travel and make a 9 L/100KM but ASAP I arrive at town.....

EHSNILS: WOW!!! How you make it???

Archived