LegacyGT.com

white pitting in paint???

so i dunno what's going on with my paint, i tried to clay bar this out but no luck. its on my driver door, and both sideskirts. so now i'm worried that it's my clear coat coming off or something. anyone ever see this before?? can this be buffed out or am i gonna have to take it to the dealership??

1445127473_Picture550.thumb.jpg.aff81879bfe9535c12c7b14a95d24a9b.jpg

7176019_Picture553.thumb.jpg.b4754f0aeba13b6848bb0c534359e774.jpg

Wow. FWIW I've got an '08 Spec.B with ~8000mi on it and the OEM "mud flaps", and I haven't noticed any pitting near my wheels (just washed/clayed/Wolfgang'ed/S100'ed this week). I've got two chips on my hood (past the clear bra) and one on my roof, all likely caused by following NSFW too close :D

black wax isn't going to do much good on a silver car. Filling them doesn't solve the problem anyway.

Fortunately the problem is really superficial and easy to wetsand away if you know how to do that kind of thing. You could also take it to a body shop and have them repair it and install some sort of clear vinyl protection on it similar to a clear bra. On that color you'll barely notice the film and it will protect the paint.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

It could have happened on one event alone. One time where your driver side was digging up more dirt than the passenger side and viola! Paint damage isn't usually very uniform.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

looks like normal clear coat fade/ peeling. could've been sped up due to having (typically) more weight (lone driver) on the drivers side, as the wheel spun mess up and out. body shop will be your 100% fix. typical sand and clear, maybe some color added. protective film pays for itself in the long run.

Archived