LegacyGT.com

A post-mods observation

I've never been one to really be concerned about the appearance of my cars. For the most part I drive them dirty and just don't care much about the exterior. In the past I've built a few pretty nice/big HP cars, but just didn't see the need for them looking good.

This car, however, has turned out to be different. In June I did some under the hood mods and since that time I find myself almost obsessed with the external appearance.

I wash it. I wax it. I take thet time needed to clean the wheels & dress the tires. I bought a mesh grille to replace the beat up stock piece. I find myself wondering when I'll have time to put in the angel eyes which have been sitting on a shelf for a year. And I just ordered an HID upgrade kit.

Not quite sure why my attitude changed. Perhaps I'm trying to hide the power the car is making now. Perhaps I'm part ricer. :)

But damn my car looks fine. My wife is making comments like "perhaps we need to get you a car wash gift card".

http://jsalmi.com/car/scaled.IMG_5383.jpg

Maybe just because you're older and think more about how you present yourself/your car? You realize that it's not ALL about how fast it is?

I've always been a clean car nut. Even with older not otherwise very special or nice cars, I have always wanted the car to be clean. Personally I feel weird when my car is really dirty and I'm only truly happy with it when it's squeaky clean. I feel like I'm wearing dirty clothes when my car isn't all cleaned up.

I think maybe it's because some of my best childhood memories with my Dad were helping him wash his Olds. on Sun. afternoons. I really enjoy having the time and being able to take my time to wash and detail my car. It's time alone to just DO something that's not complicated and gives instant results/gratification. :)

My pipes & cans are painted black for a more sleeper image. I've been keeping my car clean even though I haven't been able to drive it since the turbo died a few months ago.

I removed the SUBARU badging but left Legacy 2.5 GT, mostly so someone will say "He must think a 2.5 liter is fast - let's teach him a lesson."

Maybe one day I'll get around to clearing the headlights and maybe adding angel eyes. I already got HIDs (4500K, no rice) and love the results. I need to start installing the parts I have so when I get the injectors & intake it'll be ready to bolt on. It's just so freakin' hot here, plus work keeps me really busy.

I can't wait to get back on the road. In the meantime I'll just keep the car clean and looking like it's still road worthy.

Your car looks good so far. Add some more pics of the front. The LGT is nice because you can take it to the track, but then you can still take it out for a night out and not look like a bum or a punk kid. One of my buddies with an STi actually told me he would rather have a Spec-B instead for that reason. Maybe you're growing up too, lol. I actually went to the dealership to buy an STi and left with an LGT, but either way I would still wash it.

Archived