LegacyGT.com

EWG question

itsme

I'm about to install a 20g, FMIC, EWG , Prodrive EBCS, and supporting mods. What wastegate spring(psi) should I use. I plan on running about 20-22psi of boost. I'm using open source tunning. Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm about to install a 20g, FMIC, EWG , Prodrive EBCS, and supporting mods. What wastegate spring(psi) should I use. I plan on running about 20-22psi of boost. I'm using open source tunning. Thanks

Between 12 and 15 psi should be enough to get you there. I wouldn't personally go much higher, as this allows other safety options in the future if you go with WI or even if the EDU ses heavy, knock it can at least limit boost to 15 psi or lower.

FWIW DeerKiller has an AVO380 with what I believe is a -8 psi actuator (IWG) and he can hit 21 psi.

I have an IWG'd 20G with a ~14lbs spring and I'm hitting and holding approximately 22.5psi till redline. I'm also leveraging the stock EBCS with a smaller pill.

Dave

22.5psi at redline!! Wow. I think I'm going to have fun with this 20g.:lol: What numbers are you putting down and what are your other mods? Also what rpm are you getting full boost? How do you like your 20g?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Legacy_GT_Pilot's LGT has a very strong running 20g! I am sure he is getting over 350 whp (360 or more in the winter) and his spool is pretty nice too, just a few hundred rpm behind an AVO380.

Legacy_GT_Pilot you should send me some 1st thorugh 4th gear logs for my thread.;)

22.5psi at redline!! Wow. I think I'm going to have fun with this 20g.:lol: What numbers are you putting down and what are your other mods? Also what rpm are you getting full boost? How do you like your 20g?

He is also running Meth, I don't think you will be able to get away with that, especially running the timing numbers he is capable of.

How are you going to plumb the EWG? Are you going to use both ports?

We haven't got that far....:lol:

From what I remeber both ports should be used. As for plumbing, he is going run it open (Because he is crazy) for a while then have his buddy plumb it back in at a later time, it room allows after the cat.

When I said plumbing, I meant the signal lines.

I haven't looked at EWG in a while, but IIRC, if you use both ports and plumb it correctly, you can use boost to actually hold the wastegate shut. This allows you to use a lower spring preload. A lower spring preload would be beneficial if you want to run meth.

When I said plumbing, I meant the signal lines.

I haven't looked at EWG in a while, but IIRC, if you use both ports and plumb it correctly, you can use boost to actually hold the wastegate shut. This allows you to use a lower spring preload. A lower spring preload would be beneficial if you want to run meth.

Could point, I will do a little researching to see if this is true.

Archived