LegacyGT.com

Question for Arizona Legacy Owners

mcw82

Thanks for the reply! I've been reading several emissions posts and began to worry the test sites had some other way to monitor emissions in lieu of a dyno run. I guess it's just a matter of walking off the cliff and doing it now.

Don't they do the sniffer without a dyno run?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

nope just plug in obd 2 reader and check for codes if you have codes you fail if you dont you pass

Not that I'm going to complain about that nor the fact they don't do a sniffer test, but ....

I guess there's one more reason I should be happy to be in Phoenix.

Me? Native Phoenician or is it Phoenixian? Actually grew up in the PV area before 10 and then moved to Mesa after that until graduation. I left Arizona after college and then came back 4 years ago. Upon my return, something just didn't feel right. It's like riding your friend's bike or car for a week and then going back to yours kind of feeling. I am getting acclimated again.

Me? Native Phoenician or is it Phoenixian? Actually grew up in the PV area before 10 and then moved to Mesa after that until graduation. I left Arizona after college and then came back 4 years ago. Upon my return, something just didn't feel right. It's like riding your friend's bike or car for a week and then going back to yours kind of feeling. I am getting acclimated again.

Is your screen name your initials or does it stand for Mini Cooper Works?

Sorry just Curious.

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Well, call it stupid Army pride but it is my initials + 82 for 82d Abn. Been using it since 1994 when I had to create an AOL screen name. I wasn't smart enough to create something unique.

Well, call it stupid Army pride but it is my initials + 82 for 82d Abn. Been using it since 1994 when I had to create an AOL screen name. I wasn't smart enough to create something unique.

Thank you for your service.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

As I look back 10 years after my service, I can say it was time well spent. I mean, where else can someone get forcefully pushed out of an airplane at altitude, then hike for several days, while camping under the stars. :)

Oddly, I do have a vague recollection of complaining and grumbling a lot. The real kudos go to the current service members and their families who have remained steadfast and diligent for 5+ years (I've lost track of the years now).

I worked in law enforcement near Ft. Lewis in Wa. and many of my friends were nutty Rangers and former SF. Good people. Always sick with something though. I think you all catch bugs wading around in those swamps during training.

I won't deny serious health repercussions after the fact. I believe the Army is overly liberal with antibiotics and pain killers, especially with their line units. But since I'm not a doctor or health scientist, I don't know if there's a better solution given the conditions the line units faced. Under a heightened and prolonged level of physical stress one's immune system degrades. Hence all the shots in the butt and arms. :)

I'm not laying blame on the service as I made a conscious decision to do what I did. My only plausible regret now could be not taking the available disability when I out processed. Call it stupid machismo or youthful ignorance.

So what brought you to Arizona?

Not to highjack your thread but, I was just out there on vacation and drove 89-A from Sedona to Jerome and then on to Prescott. The next day drove 89-A from Sedona to I-40 on my way to the Grand Canyon. Some of the nicest twisties I've ever seen! Sorry to say it was a Murano, a bit far to drive my Legacy on a week's vacation.

Thank you for your service.

I second that

I work for USAA and I now have a very deep respect for the Military community. I see what they go through on a day to day basis and not onldier the soldiers but there families as well.

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

I won't deny serious health repercussions after the fact. I believe the Army is overly liberal with antibiotics and pain killers, especially with their line units. But since I'm not a doctor or health scientist, I don't know if there's a better solution given the conditions the line units faced. Under a heightened and prolonged level of physical stress one's immune system degrades. Hence all the shots in the butt and arms. :)

I'm not laying blame on the service as I made a conscious decision to do what I did. My only plausible regret now could be not taking the available disability when I out processed. Call it stupid machismo or youthful ignorance.

So what brought you to Arizona?

Grew up here and came back for family. I gotta say Washington is beautiful and all, but having lived here where you can drive just about anywhere in the metro area in under hour I was spoiled. Couple 9 months of gray, with a 50 to 60 year old highway infrastructure system and nutty liberals all around and a person begins to long for a dry 110-degrees and dust.

A Mini would be fun, maybe too easy? I am also sure the truck was a blast given that you surely loaded the weight so carefully... Wouldn't have wanted to be driving the opposite way.

A Leggy would be fine, even stock though I might want to have summer tires. Cheers,

A Mini would be fun, maybe too easy? I am also sure the truck was a blast given that you surely loaded the weight so carefully... Wouldn't have wanted to be driving the opposite way.

A Leggy would be fine, even stock though I might want to have summer tires. Cheers,

I dont know about being "Too Easy" actually a bit scary as i was pushing almost a little too hard as it had full suspension

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

I'll take the conservative (well relatively speaking compared to west coast) wild west of Arizona any day!

Grew up here and came back for family. I gotta say Washington is beautiful and all, but having lived here where you can drive just about anywhere in the metro area in under hour I was spoiled. Couple 9 months of gray, with a 50 to 60 year old highway infrastructure system and nutty liberals all around and a person begins to long for a dry 110-degrees and dust.

What's that highway from Mesa to Roosevelt Dam/Lake? It goes up the windy hill road and then turns into dirt with that single lane iron bridge. For some reason I'm thinking 87. Anyway, that's a scary but fun drive at night. The day isn't so good due to a dozen or so cars in front of you in both directions.

What's that highway from Mesa to Roosevelt Dam/Lake? It goes up the windy hill road and then turns into dirt with that single lane iron bridge. For some reason I'm thinking 87. Anyway, that's a scary but fun drive at night. The day isn't so good due to a dozen or so cars in front of you in both directions.

Hwy 88, The Apache Trail. Good times.

• 1 year later...

It's 2009 and need an update on emissions. We will probably test at the facility by the Chandler Airport and was just wondering if the dyno is still out for AWD vehicles. Do they just read error codes and let you go if there aren't any?

Thanks to AZ members that can help.

Parker

Archived