LegacyGT.com

Legacy Wagon Promo Video...

Brembos? Overboard. You want brembo's when you shoot past 300whp, not now! Seriously, a good set of pads is all you need! Maybe some bigger calibers, nothing fancy though. I don't know why everyone in the states have Big Brake Kits...

Love the Gen 2s. The Black GT Sedan in that video looks just like my 98 GT, except for the rear window wiper (I think I saw one in one of those shots). I have always planned to turn my 99 BK into a US-variant GTB with an STI conversion. There's several companies here in Cali that do it and make it look completly stock. But I'm going with a FMIC so I can keep the smooth hood (can you say complete sleeper). Just need to figure out a way to keep the exhaust tone reasonable so it doesn't give it away too much.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Brembos? Overboard. You want brembo's when you shoot past 300whp, not now! Seriously, a good set of pads is all you need! Maybe some bigger calibers, nothing fancy though. I don't know why everyone in the states have Big Brake Kits...

they aren't slotted or anything, and I got them for cheapsies. I love em, don't warp like the cheapo ones :spin:. Not a big brake kit, its just their OEM rotor.

Love the Gen 2s. The Black GT Sedan in that video looks just like my 98 GT, except for the rear window wiper (I think I saw one in one of those shots). I have always planned to turn my 99 BK into a US-variant GTB with an STI conversion. There's several companies here in Cali that do it and make it look completly stock. But I'm going with a FMIC so I can keep the smooth hood (can you say complete sleeper). Just need to figure out a way to keep the exhaust tone reasonable so it doesn't give it away too much.

SBT

Know of any companies out on the East Coast?

Know of any companies out on the East Coast?

There was one or two in New Jersey, Pennsylvania IIRC. RAVSPEC or another company. I remember the Leggy crew over on Nsoc talking about their conversions. If the electronics weren't such a headache, I'd do the whole thing myself. But, pulling the dash and adding ECU, DCCD electronics, Rear axle temp sensor, and basically converting the electronics over to a DOHC Turbo motor, is more than I can manage.

SBT

Same here, if I had a second car and could leave the wagon in the garage for a few months, then I'd do it. It's a LOT of work, but I was looking at maybe going for a WRX engine or something that wouldn't have all the crazy STi electronics in it. Or just go all out and gut the car and put in all STi stuff....

Oh someday this wagon will be one bad ass sleeper

^^ BTW JK - Moon Township near Pittsburgh, or someplace else? Seem to recall it being very Pittsburgh International, but I could be thinking of someplace else.

SBT

You're dead on. I'm around 2-4 subaru mins away from being at the door to the airport. Used to live in the area?

North of you in Venango County, Franklin/Oil City area.

SBT

Ah ok, I got to school up in Erie, so I pass through there all the time.

Getting back on topic, any idea what a shop charges for a swap?

Conservatively, if you already have the parts, you're looking at ~$3-4K for the swap (for the hours to convert everything). That's on top of the $3-$4K you'll spend if you don't already have the parts (possibly more).

SBT

DIY? been done countless times. And if you ever need JDM parts btw, and can't find em through an importer, i can ship stuff to the states. it ain't cheap though. (got quote $330 US to ship BG Bilesteins, which was more than they cost to buy!)

Ouch that's pricey. Someday I'll have a sleeper wagon that can eat almost anything for breakfast. :rolleyes: Anyone know what that kind of car would be under SCCA rules for auto x?

But I think step 1 is graduate and get a job. Oh yeah, Reuben, thanks for the tip on those JDM fogs. They got here fast and they are in great shape (scored em cheap too). Now comes the wiring....... *grumble*

Back OT:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsVAeC7nkFM]YouTube - SUBARU LEGACY('93) PV Part2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVgq0P4qJs]YouTube - subaru legacy touring wagon pv[/ame]

Ok, that's not working for some reason.... Copy paste this link (minus the space) if the vid above says that it's no longer available...

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=7LVgq0P4qJs

My dad has a BH EXACTLY like the blue one in the beginning of that vid. Except he has the stars emblem, not the double L...

Mmmm speed record, then Rod Stewart, then WRC. :-D I really wish commercials n stuff would be like this here in the US.... Nice to see they picked my color to go fast!

Great vids, thanks for posting them.

Remember, drivera firsto!

Archived