LegacyGT.com

Koni's & Swifts?????

Regal05LGT

Whoa, I step out for lunch and the thread comes to life... :eek:

Regal05LGT, don't be so hasty! I was too anxious with my shock/strut purchase and ended up buying Bilsteins, Tokicos and Konis... I probably lost a few $$ on the resale all because I jumped too quick.

Whitetiger, according to Unclemat the Swifts are JDM springs. He linked to a Japanese website that showed all the part numbers, and IIRC the numbers were the same as what Mann Engineering sold me.

SubLGTaru, thanks for the kind words. Now that I've installed all the bracing and other components the car definitely doesn't feel as stiff. I think the body flexing made everything feel a bit sloppy which made the ride feel harsher. The 60+ miles since the car has been finished and aligned have been perfect.

well somthing is different with the swifts compared to all th eother jdm/spec b specific springs. I guess its all for the best then.

:lol: If it's true, then that's the only conclusion I can come to as well... :lol:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9454/img3011crf2.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1703/img2964cropedbalancedcs7.jpg

For reference of course... ;)

SubLGTaru, thanks for the kind words. Now that I've installed all the bracing and other components the car definitely doesn't feel as stiff. I think the body flexing made everything feel a bit sloppy which made the ride feel harsher. The 60+ miles since the car has been finished and aligned have been perfect.

I just realized this doesn't sound quite right. The suspension is still firm, but the ride isn't as harsh. The squirm of the chassis (coupled with the annoying dash rattle) made the ride feel more jarring than it does with the additional bracing (Cusco Lower Arm Bars F&R). It's not a huge change, but in daily driving it doesn't take much NVH to make you question your setup. I have been completely satisfied since installing the remainder of my components and getting a proper alignment. The extra "flatness" of the ride easily offsets any potential increase in comfort that changing springs could offer. Fixing the dash rattle is next on my list and then I will be in a weird position... not having another decision to make for mods. :eek::confused:

Oh.. and thanks, Regal05LGT! :)

From those pics, it certainly does look like the front is a bit higher than with my Swifts. I can only barely fit one finger in between the front tires and fender. (I am also riding on 225/40-18's which are a bit taller than stock)

So I guess the Swifts make the front ride low... fine with me!

I remember someone giving a review of bilisten HD's with progressive springs and they really liked it, compared it to a similar ride of an M3 with the softer ride but with really good cornering because they would firm up the farther you hammered them.

Not sure if they'd work with the koni's, but it might be another option to look at.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

i have trying to find a good combination to install when i get back to the states and i guess that the koni/swifts are the way i will go! I was going to do some JDM bilsteins with the swifts but i like the adjustability (not sure if that is a word but it flows:lol:) that the koni's offer! I have read that people have had better ride height results in the rear by using wagon springs b/c they are taller in the back. what kind of height difference do you think that would make but coupling koni's with wagon swifts??? do swifts even come in a wagon application? Thank you for posting up those pictures of your car showing the koni/swift combo! PERFECT height! +on the color too!

Also, i was curious if anyone uses wheel spacers??? I have 4 5mm and 4 3mm and was going to put them together for 4 8mm spacers to use with my stocks! I wanted to get something different but i like my wheels and they will look 10x better once powder coated black! Do you think that using 8mm worth of space would stick the wheels out far enough were if i go over a bump or my suspension compresses all the way that it will rub the tires a lot??? I would only use the spaces once i have the strut/springs in!

Archived