LegacyGT.com

no knock logging on 08??

jblaze7469

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are extended parameters that are not supported for the CANbus vehicles. Also KC was removed from the CANbus vehicles as well. At this point you would need to log total timing to identify any possible knock events.

Well no, total timing will change regardless. If your not familiar with how it should look just post it up. Do a pull in 3rd from 2k-redline, timing will start out high with low load and reduce under full boost then start rising again as the load decreases.

With ECUExplorer you should be able to log the following:

Engine speed(RPM)

Throttle Opening Angle(%)

Mass Air Flow(g/s)

Ignition Timing

Manifold Relative Pressure(PSI)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cyle(%)

You don't appear to be knocking, however 2nd gear (especially on the 6mt) will not put the car under enough load to be certain. Also you logged too many parameters and that cuts down the resolution of the log. On the next log make sure to log only the parameters I listed above. Oh and list your current mods as well.

Don't log engine load. For the 08, it's a random memory location. We don't know where the load is in ram to log it. You'll have to estimate it from MAF (g/s).

Don't log rear O2 sensor. It's pointless for a WOT log.

What was your ambient temperature when you made that log? Once you figure out the correlation between ambient and IAT, you don't have to log IAT anymore.

Don't log atmospheric pressure. It doesn't vary that much unless you change the location where you do your log.

You don't really need to log MAFv unless you are tuning your MAF table or checking to make sure your tuner scaled it correctly.

The Learned Ignition Timing has some limited value. If you log this, you don't have to log IAM.

You don't have to log roughness unless you are diagnosing some problem (usually spark plugs, coils, or injector issues).

I would do a log in 2nd gear from 2000 to redline and a 3rd gear from 2000 to redline. You can also do a 4th, 5th, and 6th gear log from 2000 to 3500 rpm.

Yeah... that looks very similar to the other Cobb OTS maps. There's a knock in the 3rd gear log at 4401 rpm. Fairly consistent on most logs that I have seen.

Log AFR #1, AFR Correction #1, and AFR Learning #1 next time. They are not normal WOT parameters that are usually logged but in your case it will be useful.

Boost threshold is poor and timing is really low, but that's consistent with the Cobb OTS 07-08 logs that I have seen. It will be very easy to fix the boost threshold. I have a theory on why the timing is really low, but we'll find out in the next few months.

Open source will have their hands on these roms within a few months (after the new Tactrix cable is released, roms have been uploaded, defs made, etc.) A lot more bright minds will have access to diagnosis and tuning of the '08 and that should open some doors. I'm pretty sure that's what mickey is alluding to.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

what?? are you thinking cobb is gonna do some revisions to the map in the next few months?? is this safe whats going on? i've felt like the boost that i've seen is less than what i've seen at first

I don't know what Cobb is doing, but I've been looking over the 08 STi roms plus looking at 07-08 datalogs. It will be easy to tune for more boost at lower rpm.

However, in your case, you definitely were seeing more boost. For a given tune, boost threshold will be higher and boost will be lower as temperature increases.

I'm reasonably sure your tune is no worse than the stock tune. The stock tune knocks too.

Yeah... that looks very similar to the other Cobb OTS maps. There's a knock in the 3rd gear log at 4401 rpm. Fairly consistent on most logs that I have seen.

Log AFR #1, AFR Correction #1, and AFR Learning #1 next time. They are not normal WOT parameters that are usually logged but in your case it will be useful.

Boost threshold is poor and timing is really low, but that's consistent with the Cobb OTS 07-08 logs that I have seen. It will be very easy to fix the boost threshold. I have a theory on why the timing is really low, but we'll find out in the next few months.

How could you tell there was knock at 4401? I did notice timing dropped to 8 right after 4401, however did it drop due to knock or was it tuned to be 8 at that point.

I am not questioning you, just curious. :) I have an 08, and trying to figure out the best way to detect/log knock.

Thanks.

It's true that it's a guess. Right now, due to the limited amount of data, we're just making the best guess we can based upon the data available. However, I'm still confident that it's knock and not an oddball timing logic. Compare it to the 2nd gear log data.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r69/mickeyd2005/untitled-28.jpg

It's true that it's a guess. Right now, due to the limited amount of data, we're just making the best guess we can based upon the data available. However, I'm still confident that it's knock and not an oddball timing logic. Compare it to the 2nd gear log data.

picture is worth a thousand words.... that drop does look pretty weird....

i can't wait to get my hands on a new tacrix cable, and look at actual timing tables to compare those against logs...

can 07-08 people use Dynamic Advance Multiplier to gauge safety of a given tune?

Would it be possible to still have DAM=1.0, even if a car consistently pulls timing right at 4100rpm?

i used UTEC prior to AP... UTEC is still my favorite... it's a much simpler (only 3 tables), alerts you of knock occurrences (blinkink CEL), etc.

Of course there are tons of other things that UTEC can not do, as compared to AP or OpenSource :-(

Based upon the 05-06 logic, it takes a lot of consistent knock to drop IAM. I don't think this dip in 3rd gear will cause IAM to drop because it didn't occur in 2nd gear.

merchgod has found the knock counter in the ecu logic. I believe he will add it to the next opensource defs. I have used it and it definitely works. It eliminates having to log IAM, FBKC, and FLKC. Now, we just need to log total timing and the knock counter (integer). No more guessing as to what is knock and what isn't. The knock counter tells all.

Unfortunately, I believe he only has the 07 LGT 5EAT rom. (Colby downloaded that rom using his beta cable.) So, it will be some time until the 08 Spec B is supported.

Archived