LegacyGT.com

Does spoiler help or hurt highway fuel efficiency?

bsdzine - u had me too, laughed pretty hard at the end though.

I didn't know this many people were opposed to the spoiler, but I think the car looks ghey without it personally.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you take the spoiler off, there are quite a few holes under there (on my model, 10, I believe). If you want to live with holes in your trunk lid, well, to each his own. A stick-on lip spoiler might cover some of them, but not all ten of mine. HPH

OEM spoiler increases the gas mileage by at least 50%....you gotta get one with the price of gas these days :)

are you serious? If so, why or any evidence? i saw so many people saying the spoiler actually hurt the fuel efficiency a lot by adding more drag ...

are you serious? If so, why or any evidence? i saw so many people saying the spoiler actually hurt the fuel efficiency a lot by adding more drag ...

Hold on. I doubt the mpg difference is even noticeable, spoiler/spoilerless. And, there were more people joking around about the topic then serious replies..

So, whatever your personal preference is, just go with it..

People are freaking out about gas..

Guest heightsgtltd
People do some really stupid things when it comes to high gas prices. Sucks regardless, and it isn't going to be any less painful - regardless if you drive a Hyundai Accent or a Legacy GT.

It is when you get 36 mpg for the accent and 18 for the LGT :lol:

People do some really stupid things when it comes to high gas prices. Sucks regardless, and it isn't going to be any less painful - regardless if you drive a Hyundai Accent or a Legacy GT.

if you got double the mileage you'd spend 1/2 of the money so it obviously would be less painful :lol:

Of course a spoiler does nothing but add looks :lol::lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Wife and I just took a road trip to Freeport, ME. it was 400 miles round trip. We took our Civic and I averaged 40 MPG. We could of taken our Pilot that at best would of got 20 MPG.

The trip cost me $40.00 bucks in Gas.

If we took the Pilot it would of costs $80.00.

Every little bit helps.

- The Mortgage Man

go for the GT model and the turbo ...you will have wished you had...I do

As an owner of a GT, my advice is the opposite:

Go for the 2.5i model without the turbo...you will be a lot happier.

Regardless of the problems that I have had with my local dealer and Subaru of America, I regret buying the GT. It isn't fast enough to be a real performance car but you take a huge hit in gas mileage. In typical driving I get 15-16mpg city and 23mpg highway. A 2008 Corvette has better fuel efficiency.

I'd argue the spoiler on the LGT takes away from the looks :lol: :lol:

Having had an 07 with spoiler, and an 08 without, I completely agree. The 08 looks so much cleaner. Also, having 2 "third" brake lights looks stupid.

Archived