LegacyGT.com

Falkens Azenis 615 vs Ziex ZE-912

mfg

I ran general exclaim UHPs before the ziex 912s.....Ziex 912s are hands down better on my 06 civic SI (Same tire size as LGT).

Joe

What is a general exclaim????? Jeez, either I'm out of it or we don't have very high standards here!

-mike

What is a general exclaim????? Jeez, either I'm out of it or we don't have very high standards here!

-mike

General Excliam UHPs are decent summer tires for like $60-70 each.

They won't take Nationals or anything, but they're a solid tire with decent grip and excellent wet traction.

Conti now owns General and makes the UHP in Germany.

The rets of the General lineup is crap, but not ths one.

Yeah, I thought general exclaims were actually pretty well known. As NM+ said, it's a Summer/All-season tire (tirerack rates it a summer tire, others rate it an all-season, it is mud+snow rated and I did drive it through light snow).

It's advantages are good traction, excellent balancing (due to construction), solid hydroplaning performance, and pretty decent life. It's also about the most lightweight tire you'll find in 215/45/17 at 18 pounds per tire, and I definitely noticed the difference in braking and acceleration performance.

The downside is that it has a loosey goosey sidewall.

After 20k miles I hit a pothole really hard and put a bubble in the sidewall of one tire. I found a nail in another on the opposite axle, so I just decided to put on all new.

Falken Ziex 912s went on (about 6-7 pounds heavier per tire). I immediately noticed more effort was required to brake to a stop, and acceleration became a bit more muted off the line. But my handling comfort at 9/10ths and 10/10ths went up substantially. I can now get my front heavy, FWD car to rotate at the edge of it's traction limits, all day, repeatedly, in completely comfort and assuredness that I can bring it back from the edge.

Anyway, that's my review of the 912. I've had them on since ~April 1st of this year and have put ~9k miles on them. I expect them to last 25k, and I'm a little worried about their snow and slush performance this winter. They are wearing very evenly and have built in wear indicators which work very well.

Joe

I'm a little worried about their snow and slush performance this winter. They are wearing very evenly and have built in wear indicators which work very well.

Joe

the one area that they absolutely FAIL... I slid all over the one day we had ice last year. braking was extremely scary

the reviews even state they are unsafe in extreme cold conditions

Archived