LegacyGT.com

ap tuning table...

spiderpig

can anyone tell me what APv2 table would need to be adjusted to reduce off-throttle or zero load fueling. I am experiencing off throttle backfires between shifts due to too much fuel getting through to the exhaust.

I have heard from some folks this excess fuel can be adjusted and from others I hear it cannot be. btw - I have a stock bov in place.

thanks

thanks for the reply. here's what I have (mechanically)

2008 spec.b

avo380

perrin tmic with stock bov

avo fuel pump

dw 740 injectors

cobb catted dp

aem cai

stock mid/ypipe and mufflers

all were in place at time of tune. the backfires do not occur until I am on the road for 5-10 minutes and the exhaust heats up. lastly the engine was smoked and tested for leaks and there weren't any.

The problem you have is there is no way for you to alter the tune. The load base fueling is not what is likely off. My best guess would be the MAF scaling on the intake is horribly off. The only other possibility (tune wise) is too much ignition retarding (highly doubt that). Did you ever get a plot of the AFR on the dyno tune?

"My best guess would be the MAF scaling on the intake is horribly off"

if I get the maf scaling parameters from another aem cai user (whose car runs properly) would it be safe to have my tuner duplicate these numbers on my map?

"My best guess would be the MAF scaling on the intake is horribly off"

if I get the maf scaling parameters from another aem cai user (whose car runs properly) would it be safe to have my tuner duplicate these numbers on my map?

It should run better, but it really needs to be dialed in correctly for your individual car. AEM MAF scaling tend to vary from application to application.

I basically used the formula in the Cobb spreadsheet for intake calibration/scaling on my AEM.

That only gets you in the ballpark. There will be areas of the MAF curve that won't even be close if you do not go through them all and rescale appropriately. I have seen some intakes require 10%+/- in areas even after a global scaler was applied. That is a BIG difference in fueling.

That only gets you in the ballpark. There will be areas of the MAF curve that won't even be close if you do not go through them all and rescale appropriately. I have seen some intakes require 10%+/- in areas even after a global scaler was applied. That is a BIG difference in fueling.

:whore:

thanks. my tuner sent me a new map in which he told me he reduced the "overrun" setting. it is better but still not right. hopefully one more tweak may fix the backfires

He reduced the overrun ignition timing retard. I know that a table for that exists in Protuner. I have tweaked that table a bit on some cars with big lift throttle decel pops with some success.

I had the whole procedure in my post and removed it. I basically had said that I started with my stock intake, dialed in the A/F trims close to zero, put on the AEM, applied the multiplier(~.951428 for 66.6mm I.D. of MY AEM) across the scale, adjusted cells of MAF scale where it idles until I got A/F trims back close to zero, then logged and adjusted any MAF scale areas that were off from the requested AFR. When I was done, my requested and actual AFR's were identical across the board.

FWIW my AEM CAI has required me to reduce g/sec in quite a few voltage areas to get it to stop running rich. IIRC most AEM owners report running lean, but mine has always ran way rich when left unadjusted. I have one of the first ones made(early 05) through so it may be different than more recent units(66.6mm tube and crooked MAF sensor bung). Again, each one is different. Good Luck.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived