LegacyGT.com

Sunroof not closing right...

vr4Legacy

Has anyone noticed this with the sunroof...

When pressing the button the second time to close it, my sunroof will occasionally close then reopen halfway.... as though there is something stuck in it. I'm not sure if I am pressing the button wrong, or what, but it is really annoying... especially when I already had to press it twice to close the damn thing anyway:mad: (anyone find a way around that one yet??)

I think I may stop by the dealer just to have it looked at, the problem is it is rather intermittent... so I doubt they'll be able to duplicate it....

Anyone had a similar problem??

not yet, but have you tried cleaning the tracks? only other thing I can think is a malfuction in the auto stop thingy.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I only started noticing it when it warmed up... but of course I didn't use my sunroof as much before then either.....

It doesn't feel like the button presses right... not sure if I'm doing it or if it's something with the button, that's why I thought I would see if anyone else has experienced....

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the sunroof double click to close... About the only thing I like about VW's is there sunroof dial.... you turn it to the point you want then it goes there... really cool.

i've had the same problem...I use my sunroof daily though. it sticks and won't close. I lubed the tracks lightly with silicone lubricant... kinda like bmw has people do with their sunroof and power windows

it seems to have helped

Archived