LegacyGT.com

Three Girls Have Exciting Legacy Ride in PA

How do you suppose the back bumper cover came off? HPH

The girls tried to pull the car out of the hole (just grab it there and there and I'll grab it here and we can pull this out) and pulled the back bumper off instead.

Yeah - go PA - got to love my home state.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Solid looking house :rolleyes: Emphasis on looking. Cardboard shack with fake front brick wall. If the house was solid, the car front would have been crushed.

Just the facade covering the crawl space. Completely non load-bearing with minimal backing behind it and NOT an impediment to intrusion (as we see from the pics). Those girls are really lucky the driver didn't accidently hit the gas and drive it further under the house. :eek:

SBT

All is relative, of course. Depends on the impact (I don't think that car was going nearly that fast, if it was it would have driven thru the house and out). Older structural brick houses can have thick walls. I lived in house that had about 16 inch thick brick walls. The basement walls (where a car would hit) were even thicker, likely 2 feet or near that. I bet it would take one heavy car or rather truck and high speed to cause any serious damage to house like that. So all depends.

Agreed, don't think they were going very fast either.

This house looks to be newer construction (relatively speaking)

Our homestead in NW PA (built in the late 1800s) has 22" thick (minimum), native stone (granite) walls (8' high x 36' x 36') with 12" x 12" hand-hewn foundation timbers (joists) imbedded BELOW the 6" top sill at 4' intervals and notched/pinned at their intersection points, and the floor is 8" thick concrete. Barring a 7.5+ earthquake, those walls are not going anywhere for a long while.

SBT

you basicly live in a fort then lol

It started life as a big old 2 1/2-story farmhouse built by the Amish. It's now a much more modest 1 1/2 story home with modern conveniences like electricity (to replace the natural gas lighting) and pressurized running water (to replace the spring-fed gravity system).

BOT - any charges being filed in this case?

SBT

This happened to me. About 10 years ago I was temporarily living w/ mom waiting to move into an apt. I got up early one Sunday morning to go into the office to get some reports finished (a rarity since I typically went out every weekend night and slept late).

I got to the office and not 5 minutes later my mother called syaing that someone ran a redlight (we lived on a corner) and now there was a Jeep mCherokee in my bedroom...all the way in. The Jeep came in where my head would have been about waist high...I was VERY lucky.

Had I been there, I would have either been a vegatable or dead. So I thank my employer..Merrill Lynch... for saving my life by working me like a dog!

Yikes......Talk about not being at the wrong place at the right time, divine providence......I thought ML was bullish on America, are you sure you weren't working for PetSmart instead?

Archived