LegacyGT.com

Three Girls Have Exciting Legacy Ride in PA

Solid looking house :rolleyes: Emphasis on looking. Cardboard shack with fake front brick wall. If the house was solid, the car front would have been crushed.

BINGO!

Looking at the brick on the ground in the 2nd picture, there is no grout IN the cores of the brick, therefore, it is entirely plausible that it is merely a brick cavity wall, otherwise known as a brick veneer wall. Not structural at all.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thing nobody was home at the time and the girls are okay......Article states "the vehicle dodged several trees, struck a fence, swung through a front yard and then wrecked into the side of a house" = possible suicide attempt by the older leggy......Or maybe the driver was trying auto cross?

This happened to me. About 10 years ago I was temporarily living w/ mom waiting to move into an apt. I got up early one Sunday morning to go into the office to get some reports finished (a rarity since I typically went out every weekend night and slept late).

I got to the office and not 5 minutes later my mother called syaing that someone ran a redlight (we lived on a corner) and now there was a Jeep mCherokee in my bedroom...all the way in. The Jeep came in where my head would have been about waist high...I was VERY lucky.

Had I been there, I would have either been a vegatable or dead. So I thank my employer..Merrill Lynch... for saving my life by working me like a dog!

Rehab is for quitters.

I witnessed something like this happen about 6 years ago.

Driving on rt30 about a half mile from Jennerstown Speedway at night. Suddenly, I see a parked car fly across the street about 50 yards ahead of me, then another parked car fly into a moving car about 30 yards ahead of me, then a conversion van 20 yards to my left driving through the grass, and directly into a house..

I was the first person to approach the driver. He was opening the door as I came up to him, "Stay still, are you ok?!?!"

He mummers something, and a half dozen cans of beer fall out of the van as he attempts to get out. I walked away, got in my car, and drove home..

Something like this just happened 2 weeks ago to my next door neighbors house. An elderly driver that lives across the street from us was parking his Cadillac when the gas pedal "got stuck" to the floor while his car was in reverse. He went straight back, scraped our driveway, ran over our bush while he swerved across our yard, clipped the corner of our house, and then proceeded to put a huge hole in the neighbor's house. His trunk was in their basement, and he was about 6 inches away from hitting the house's gas line. His cadillac was totaled, and screwed his neck up because his seat broke in the impact, but otherwise he was fine. Its some crazy stuff. I came home 5 minutes later and saw a car in the neighbors house.:eek: If I had been 5 minutes early, my car would have been in the driveway and probably gotten blasted...

strong car? or weak house?

Both. Bricks are strong only when stacked vertically and are capable of supporting enormous amounts of weight but has no stregnth in terms of horizontal forces

Both. Bricks are strong only when stacked vertically and are capable of supporting enormous amounts of weight but has no stregnth in terms of horizontal forces

This wasn't structural brick. If it was the car would be likely crushed and the wall intact.

This wasn't structural brick. If it was the car would be likely crushed and the wall intact.

That's not true at all. Structural brick is meant to support a structure, it's pretty weak (just like most any housing structure) against an impact like that. As far as supporting weight and normal housing loads and such it's amazing, but when you toss a car through it at 60mph, it's gonna pop right open.

Are you talking about like, industrial brick buildings where they're using a couple layers of brick and then further reinforcement in the middle?

All is relative, of course. Depends on the impact (I don't think that car was going nearly that fast, if it was it would have driven thru the house and out). Older structural brick houses can have thick walls. I lived in house that had about 16 inch thick brick walls. The basement walls (where a car would hit) were even thicker, likely 2 feet or near that. I bet it would take one heavy car or rather truck and high speed to cause any serious damage to house like that. So all depends.

I wonder if they were on a cell phone, or did the car just decide to do this itself.

They were texting each other.:p

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived