LegacyGT.com

REAL cobb stage 1 hp numbers?

scoobydoobie

I drove in an 08 LGT and it felt BRRRRUTALLLY slow comapred to my car, but I dont' remember what Stage0 felt like anymore...

It's not in your head, '08 has taller final gear and it's also a little heavier so it won't accelerate as fast as '05-'06.

This is all fine and good (not saying I agree with you.), but this doesn't account for the differences in those whp numbers - which is what I'm getting at. You're both still comparing to STOCK, not Stage 1, and using weak points that wouldn't support the delta of the seemingly skewed numbers. Don't let the raving lunatic sidetrack you.

lol, I'm certainly not trying to disagree. I have no problem if the 08s have more power or a better mix or whatever. I'm juts trying to get to the bottom of "why."

its the same exercise when I had a ford explorer 5.0 that had 210hp to a mustangs 260hp and yet people kept saying the explorer had "better" parts.. somethings off, lets figure out what it is.

taller gear and more weight makes more sense to me.. tbh from the distant memory of stage0 on my 05, it felt kind of soft and buffered like the 08 did when it was new as well.

Remember tho, WHP numbers are going to be independent of weight. Are 08s with similar mods posting times with the same discrepancies? Obviously theres a lot of play in that for the driver, but if we can nail a pattern...

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

This is all fine and good (not saying I agree with you.), but this doesn't account for the differences in those whp numbers - which is what I'm getting at. You're both still comparing to STOCK, not Stage 1, and using weak points that wouldn't support the delta of the seemingly skewed numbers. Don't let the raving lunatic sidetrack you.

cobb isn't reporting WHP numbers, but at the crank. ;) there is no way any stg 1 LGT of any year will be 290 WHP. More like 215-220 whp on a dyno that would read a stock LGT as 195-205 whp. You'll really not see HUGE leaps and bounds differences in stg 1 numbers (especially any Cobb OTS map) with the exception of the 08 STI 93 oct map which Tim Bailey tuned, not the normal tuner for Cobb as the rest of the maps. We are/have run Cobb AP on all 3 subies and I can tell you the OTS maps are better than OEM, but not anything special. Now that I'm back to stock on the LGT, I still feel it pull and it's quick, however I don't feel that throw you back in your seat wheeee anymore. :( oh well...

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I was waiting for you to chime in on this, AK. Thanks, the whp was a slip.

whp, chp weight, taller 5th gear, leaner stock, whatever, those Stg1-to-Stg1 numbers have a difference that isn't accountable by these things. Maybe that's why the 08 Cobb #'s are just listed as % increase and not actuals, different from the 05 figures.

ya, I'm guessing because there are so many variations in dyno's it's probably better to show it as a % increase verse hp increase. everyone takes the #'s too literally imo.

lol, I'm certainly not trying to disagree. I have no problem if the 08s have more power or a better mix or whatever. I'm juts trying to get to the bottom of "why."

its the same exercise when I had a ford explorer 5.0 that had 210hp to a mustangs 260hp and yet people kept saying the explorer had "better" parts.. somethings off, lets figure out what it is.

taller gear and more weight makes more sense to me.. tbh from the distant memory of stage0 on my 05, it felt kind of soft and buffered like the 08 did when it was new as well.

Remember tho, WHP numbers are going to be independent of weight. Are 08s with similar mods posting times with the same discrepancies? Obviously theres a lot of play in that for the driver, but if we can nail a pattern...

i would love to take stock 08 5eat out to the track and run it as well. to compare the times to my stock 05 5EAT. both cars the same night and run them 4-6 runs each. my guess is they would run very similar times or only be a small hair off.

I will admit, the SI-drive is a very nice tool to use. I use it regularly in the STI. I leave it on S for daily driving and S# for the track. I had Jarrad tune it for the SI-drive so I will not have full boost in S mode allowing me to get a little better fuel economy.

Archived