LegacyGT.com

Help with tint

Alex1

Hey, i know i want a tint but i dont know how much % and i dont know what color of car i am going to get...

I know if i get silver i want a black tint but if i get blacki cant decide if i want to get a black tint or a refective silver tint...

can someone please give the pros and cons, and pictures of each, and places to buy?? thanks

-alex

Please don't get reflective silver tint no matter what, that stuff looks tasteless. Black tint is the only tint that should be produced. For percentage though I have 15 all around the back which is a little light I think, if I had a chance to do it again I would have gotten 5. The front windows are 35 which is way too light for my tastes and I think I will change soon.

Song of Post- Sublime- S.T.P.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I'm still waiting for my car to get back to me and I don't have a camera but I'll work on getting some pictures for you if I can.

Song of Post- Slightly Stoopid- Castles Made of Sand

15 is dark, 5 you wouldnt even see through the windows even if you were up close. 15-25 all around would be a nice tint. I currently have 50 front and 35 back (legal limit), both of which are too light for my taste. I will also redo mine likely in the summer.

15 is dark, 5 you wouldnt even see through the windows even if you were up close. 15-25 all around would be a nice tint. I currently have 50 front and 35 back (legal limit), both of which are too light for my taste. I will also redo mine likely in the summer.

Which is exactly what I want becuase I often have a few surfboards in my car at a time so the least amount of light allowed in is importatnt to me so my boards don't get toasted and so people don't notice them too easily since I like to bring a few wtih me depending on the waves or if I break one. I agree though 15 is plenty dark for the average person I just have become jaded because I'm used to how dark it is.

Song of Post- Sublime- Pawn Shop

Black tint is definately the way to go, weather it is silver or any other color. I would say 20 or 25 % is ideal, I have two friends with 20 and it seems very dark and it isnt too bad to see through from inside. Any darker might be annoying for you. I am also debating tintbut i want 20-25% all the way around and its definately illegal, and I dont want to get bothered by the police.

-NS

reflective is pretty much illegal if it's less than 50% in most states, check with your local laws on tint. Typically, black is pretty nice as it is if you keep the windows clean (it has that shine to it). Black is good on any car color choice.

Keefe

Keefe

here is my black wagon with Quantum HP tint

Those are tinted? When I can afford it, I'm getting mine tinted with some kind of metalic black stuff. It's really "thick" black color. My buddy has it on his A4. he has 20% and I think that's what I'm gonna do as well.

IMG_0095.jpg.ed542d2a6400f06e346382945beec146.jpg

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I have 25% front(legal) and 20% for the back and sides...to light for me. If I could do it again it would be 15% all around(illegal).

http://premium1.uploadit.org/tylerwayne/12-1-001.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/tylerwayne/12-1-006.jpg

-Tyler

wayne ur car looks peeerrrrrrrrrfect, in MA i dont think we are allowed to touch the front window, but 20 percent looks perfect, oh that car is hawtt.... thanks for the info everyone.... im nervous cuz legal in MA is 35% and everyone seems to think that 20 is the best :-/

My fronts are 35% (Legal in MA) My rear 3 are 15%, you can't see in the rears unless you are right up close to the car.......I have no problems see'n at night or in stormy weather....(just drove around in a blizzard that dropped 30 inches of snow =)

here in CA, cops don't bother you much even though it's illegal.

i should mention that the metalic tint screws with your am/fm reception since your antenna is in the rear windshield. i had my rear tint re-done last week with a non-metalic tint.

the fm interference was little, yet noticable, am was worse, however i was also concerned with my radar detector.

Well in MA, I had 15% all the way around (done myself) and went to get my inspection sticker the wouldnt' even touch the car till I pulled the front two windows off......So I did, then just put 35% on up there. So in MA the Rear can be whatever you like. The front 2 have to be 35% to pass inspection in MASS....(and I went to a friends place, he still wouldn't)

Cops have never bothered me with any of my tinted illegal cars....the laws are for the officers saftey, so they can see in the car when approching and stuff. I was taught to roll down my windows, put my hands on the top of the wheel and not move till he is standing there and can see me.....so that's what I do if I get pulled over....it's been a long time (knock on wood)

My friends has his car tinted 5 all around and the windshield tinted 15 and he got pulled over the other day and just laughed by the cop about his tint.

Song of Post- The Doors- When the musics over

Here's my Black with 15% all the way around. Keep in mind that the darker interior makes them look more dark than you fellas with the light interior. I am also a firm believer of not making the tint stick out like a sore thumb so that it isn't the first thing someone notices.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2105

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Boxer's right, it looks much darker with the dark interior.....which also makes the tint look more even with the 35% up front....I just re-did the fronts on Sat so I'll snap pics when I get home today and put them up.....Hang tight

EDIT: ADDED PICS :D Sorry the cars so dirty 28 inches of snow here. But got them with LOTS of sun shining in so you can see the true tint no shadows mak'n it look darker and such

DSC00955.JPG.5a93118a84f48d367980487466418aad.JPG

DSC00956.JPG.002d5b16f30fa03d44de479d1a0391a6.JPG

DSC00957.JPG.3124cd28a04bc1b99d1c2e4ca40f08a8.JPG

DSC00958.JPG.86ec9dffcc617543e55b1166de2802f1.JPG

thats soooo hott lol

you guys are making it so difficult for me to decide what car to get!!

ilove the legacys and i love the jeep grand cherokee 04's gaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have untill friday to decide!@@@@@@@@@@@@@!

My GF had an 02 grand Cherokee that I drove all the time (it had the brain replaced twice - YUCK). If you are think'n snow. The GT is awesome in the snow, speciall if you get rid of the stock crap tires. The only diff you will notice between the jeep and the GT in the snow is the weight of the jeep helps it some. The GT is better then My Montero Sport (4x4 SUV) was in the snow.

Is gas a concern if so that's another advantage to the GT. Space an issue, I play hockey 3 times a week, indoor soccer, tennis....All my stuff fits in the ride no prob. The only think you will sacrifice is passenger space.....but do you really care ;p

I guess this is becom'n a hyjacked thread with my response.....Back to the tint.....glad you like it. If you are anywhere near danvers I can send you to a buddy of mine that will do it really cheap =)

Archived