LegacyGT.com

Throttle doing strange things...

Ridgeracer

Hey guys....I have about 6K on my Leg Gt manual and I have been having problems with the throttle every once in a while. The problem occurs when I am at a standstill and I put it into gear then lightly apply throttle. The car then applies more throttle than what I command therefore it pulls forward really hard. This is getting very dangerous so i'm going to take it to my dealer. Anyone else experience this problem..?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Mine does a similar thing all the time in stop and go traffic. Ease the clutch out under very gentle throttle to pull forward slightly, let my foot off the throttle as I come up to the guy in front but the revs don't drop. Seams to be a ~1 second delay before the throttle actually lifts...almost caused me to nudge the car in front the first couple times. Still catches me by surprise every now and then. Only seams to happen when I use very light throttle, almost like there is a threshold of maybe 5% throttle and the delay is eliminated if you pass it.

I've noticed that too...rate of accleration seems more than what the throttle position alone would indicate. Does the by-wire 'software' respond more aggressively if the **speed/rate** of pedal depression is somewhat quick? e.g. push to pass vs. accelerate slowly to cruising speed.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

If you have just been doing some spirited driving, the ECU is in it's "spirited" learnign map. So when you stop and start to go, it's still in that map and needs a little bit of tiem to swtich to a less aggressive map.

I notice this alot with my mom's mercedes. When i get in it, the first 20 miles or so are horribly sluggish, cause my mom drives like someones mom. Then after i get into an aggressive map and she gets back in, she thinks someone spiked her gas or something.

Could also be something to do with the shudder, studder, hiccup everying is having at low revs.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hmm- and here I thought originally that the car knew it was on a hill somehow and was giving extra gas so as not to stall.

Hummm...I recall someone asking the guys at Vishnu about lowering the throttle latency from 500ms with the Ecutek and they said it can be easily done. At the time I didn't realize the significance of this.

BTW...since everyone seems to have this problem and I truely doubt the dealer has a fix i'll save myself the trip. Now did anyone's HVAC blower motor freeze like mine in the cold?

Archived