LegacyGT.com

Woohoo...I think I did it right

Mr. Ed

I looked at the latest log you posted and have a question I need answered before giving my opinion:

What mods do you have?

perrin top mount, aem intake, catles up, lachutte catless dp, and a lw crank pulley.... that should be all that is engine related

Couldn't find it at www.romraider.com ?

haha...I mean I couldn't find my shortcut to it and was in a hurry so used what was provided in the tuning how to forum.... thank you for that link

maybe we should add those links in that post as well for us data logging newbies...I sinply used what I was asked to use :spin:

What is the atmospheric pressure as reported by the ecu?

Something is happening above 4800 rpm. Your car is making a lot less power than other stage 2 cars. Either your boost is too high or your AVCS is too advanced or your timing is too low or maybe something else.

That much boost down low is pretty scary. I only run 17 psi but really I have not seen any evidence that running 20 psi at 3500 rpm is dangerous. One guy in Colorado is running 18+ psi at 3500 rpm but it tapers very fast from there. He knows the risks. I'm waiting to see if he blows his turbo or not. He's done a lot of logs and his turbo is still kicking. I do know that running too much boost at high rpm on the VF40 makes less power.

Another thing to be worried about is lack of boost control. Looking at your WGDC table, it looks like your tuner just jacked the WGDC up to max without regard to boost target. So, if your boost is open ended then you may really be in trouble if you do a 4th or 5th gear WOT log.

I'm taking it to a local tuner's house tonight to log it and look through it. I'll report what we find. What's odd is Clark (the guy who tuned me) was not explained to me to be that aggressive of a tuner... he even told me everything was pretty linear..working up to a max of 18 psi in 3rd and tapering back down in 4th and 5th

Seems ok at WOT, I had one LGT with a stock turbo and perrin tmic, hitting 23 psi in 5th gear at 50% w/g duty (might have been some dirt in the pill).

3rd gear was like 20psi and its totally fine to me.

The engine will be fine but its more likely to reduce the life of the turbo in cases where the turbo is being slightly over spun, about 22+ psi.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems ok at WOT, I had one LGT with a stock turbo and perrin tmic, hitting 23 psi in 5th gear at 50% w/g duty (might have been some dirt in the pill).

3rd gear was like 20psi and its totally fine to me.

The engine will be fine but its more likely to reduce the life of the turbo in cases where the turbo is being slightly over spun, about 22+ psi.

i'm going to pull all 5 gears to verify...but that is supposed to be the peak...in 3rd...

it's prolly fine...but what i don't care for is the fact that I may have less power than when I was stage 2...that's a bit of a bummer

i'm also on my 2nd turbo...but not sure if that was on cobb's tune or my first road tune that that first turbo went south.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so keith with awdtuning.com looked at the tune/logged the car yesterday and it does seem that there is some power left on the table at higher rpms..

it's pulling about 1 deg of timing at full boost...it was suggested that for now I should put in some 1 step colder plugs since I will be upgrading the turbo and injectors, adding a sprayerand going e85 in the next two months...

right now the tune is safish...but the step colder plugs would make it safer until we finish mods and retune

oh and his road dyno software estimated about 270trq and 260 hp with the cutout closed.. 285trq and 270 opened

At the RR web site, there's a sticky in one of the forums for a "learning view" tool. It won't tell you how much power is "left on the table" but it will give you a good idea of how much knock you're getting (if any) with the current tune.

At the RR web site, there's a sticky in one of the forums for a "learning view" tool. It won't tell you how much power is "left on the table" but it will give you a good idea of how much knock you're getting (if any) with the current tune.

I had a local tuner look at all of it earlier this week...my post above is basically what he told me after using his tools to log the car...

his idea of what is "left on the table" is based on what he logged and his experience with tuning:)

...it was suggested that for now I should put in some 1 step colder plugs since I will be upgrading the turbo and injectors, adding a sprayerand going e85 in the next two months...

I don't think putting in colder plugs with E85 is a good idea. I've even heard of going with 1 step warmer plugs, especially if you live in an area that gets cold. I'd check into it some more, but stock temp plugs are probably what you'll want if going with E85 (with or without bigger turbo).

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I don't think putting in colder plugs with E85 is a good idea. I've even heard of going with 1 step warmer plugs, especially if you live in an area that gets cold. I'd check into it some more, but stock temp plugs are probably what you'll want if going with E85 (with or without bigger turbo).

no no no...the colder plugs are just for now to counter what he is seeing in my current tune...a temp fix until we do the other upgrades

Archived