LegacyGT.com

Woohoo...I think I did it right

Mr. Ed

So here is the story...I was tuned a few months back with about 15 other cars.. 14 of the cars were found to have had major issues with the tune...and at least one motor was toast. I decided to try and log my car and see what some of the experienced guys and gals around here had to say. there are a few extra thigs logged that I wanted to see...hopefully I logged the neccessities....

http://www.box.net/shared/2e6vac52cs

You should add rpm to the log list, and do a 3rd gear pull from like 2k all the way up logging. Its already learned some negative fueling it will probably be lean.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should add rpm to the log list, and do a 3rd gear pull from like 2k all the way up logging. Its already learned some negative fueling it will probably be lean.

I'm [retty sure I did that pn that run, but I will do another tomorrow just to be safe

Log the following parameters to verify a tune:

Engine Speed (rpm)

Engine Load (Direct)* (g/rev)

Ignition Timing (degrees)

Knock correction Correction (degrees) <-----Feedback if possible in EcuExplorer

Manifold Rel. Pressure (Corrected) (psi)

Mass Air Flow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

Yes only those, the rest just clogs up the log and makes it hard to read. Also limits the number of datapoints reported back from the ecu. And only start the log while doing the pull. Do mutiple logs if you want more runs.

Yes only those, the rest just clogs up the log and makes it hard to read. Also limits the number of datapoints reported back from the ecu. And only start the log while doing the pull. Do mutiple logs if you want more runs.

yeah that is the hard part...traffic and troopers friggin everywhere.

i'm trying to figure out the defog option...i couldn't get it to work today when i was pulling.

3rd gear with only the listed params...

got it.

well...i'm not sure anyone has determined that I have a bad tune, so I don't think it right to start labeling the guy....

and if anyone does see anything in what I have posted as being dangerous please speak up...I'm autocrossing on this tune tomorrow )%

well...i'm not sure anyone has determined that I have a bad tune, so I don't think it right to start labeling the guy....

and if anyone does see anything in what I have posted as being dangerous please speak up...I'm autocrossing on this tune tomorrow )%

Get the logs with the correct parameters and I will let you know.....

So here is the story...I was tuned a few months back with about 15 other cars.. 14 of the cars were found to have had major issues with the tune...and at least one motor was toast. I decided to try and log my car and see what some of the experienced guys and gals around here had to say. there are a few extra thigs logged that I wanted to see...hopefully I logged the neccessities....

http://www.box.net/shared/2e6vac52cs

you should let the community know.

Denial is your best friend

Kinda one sided aren't you? Asking for help when your own data says people are at risk getting a tune from where ever you did, yet you protect the very people who make you suspicious??

Give me a break.

Kinda one sided aren't you? Asking for help when your own data says people are at risk getting a tune from where ever you did, yet you protect the very people who make you suspicious??

Give me a break.

actually...no one has chimed in and said that my data looks bad.... only that it might be running lean and to post more data.... each of the individual cars have their own story, and I don't know their full story. All of the other cars were WRX or STI models, with heavy modifications. In at least 3 instances I know the vehicle owner changed parameters in their tune prior to having issues....

so no, I'm not suspicious...but cautious edit: the car feels super strong and hasn't presented any "issues"

I like kitkat bars tooo

Get the logs with the correct parameters and I will let you know.....

working on this...work schedule and friggin police everywhere this weekend is presenting a problem.

I'll have someone in the passenger seat tomorrow so things should go much smoother than me trying to opperate a laptop while driving

:)thanks for taking the time to chime in :)

working on this...work schedule and friggin police everywhere this weekend is presenting a problem.

I'll have someone in the passenger seat tomorrow so things should go much smoother than me trying to opperate a laptop while driving

:)thanks for taking the time to chime in :)

there isnt much too it, set up the logger while your sitting in you driveway. when you get to your logging spot just punch the rear defrost button...:confused:

there isnt much too it, set up the logger while your sitting in you driveway. when you get to your logging spot just punch the rear defrost button...:confused:

yeah...that didn't work....it doesn't start stop at all...just keeps logging...

yeah...that didn't work....it doesn't start stop at all...just keeps logging...

when you open your logger, look in the settings menu at the top and make sure the option to start logging with the defroster option has a check by it.

you are using enginuity right?

when you open your logger, look in the settings menu at the top and make sure the option to start logging with the defroster option has a check by it.

you are using enginuity right?

no ecu explorer

Log the following parameters to verify a tune:

Engine Speed (rpm)

Engine Load (Direct)* (g/rev)

Ignition Timing (degrees)

Knock correction Correction (degrees) <-----Feedback if possible in EcuExplorer

Manifold Rel. Pressure (Corrected) (psi)

Mass Air Flow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

I don't see engine load anywhere in the list in ecu explorer... i'm about to go try and do a few pulls..

i have the defog trigger activated, i'll see if it works now

yeah..i couldn't find it....this was what was linked in the tuning how to

i'm also from Texas and have never used the rear defroster...turns out I was hitting the wrong button )%

Okay, you need to download RomRaider in a hurry. You need to log MRP corrected, you are maxing out the normal MRP parameter. You aren't knocking however you are running the max WGDC the entire run, basically you are boosting as much allowed possible. I don't like it, doesn't seem safe to run everyday.

gotcha...i will look for romraider after the autocross today!!!

thanks again!

Okay, you need to download RomRaider in a hurry. You need to log MRP corrected, you are maxing out the normal MRP parameter. You aren't knocking however you are running the max WGDC the entire run, basically you are boosting as much allowed possible. I don't like it, doesn't seem safe to run everyday.

Archived