LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HDs + spec b 06 springs on Legacy GT 08 - Ride height?

stepinrazor

So I'm about to purchase the Bilstein HDs and JDM tophats, I am also considering getting the specb 06 springs cheap.

Would this setup increase my current ride height, lower it or keep it the same?

Also could'nt find any information on the differences between the 06 & 07/08 spec b springs, I assume they are different as the 07/08's have the 6spd and more weight. If figured that the specb 06's would be a better match...

I know people will suggest another aftermarket spring, but I want to keep my costs down for now and if needed I can always get another set of springs.

I think it will work well. You should have the ride height of a stock spec.b, although the wheel gap may appear ~.5" larger if you are on stock GT wheels/tires. The weight differences will likely be a wash.

Bilstein HD's + stock spec.b springs sounds like a great combo! Can't wait for the results...

the ride height should not change much at all after everything is settled. the spec b ride height is the same as the GT ride height. the set up will ride like a spec b except it will react/recover faster due to the better valved HDs. it will be noticeably better than a stock GT (and even a spec b).

Archived