LegacyGT.com

Good tuners close to Nebraska?

fishbone

Hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm going Stage 2 soon and am contemplating getting a custom tune w/a map compatible with the AP V2.

Anyone know good, reputable tuners close to [Lincoln] Nebraska? I don't wanna drive too long or too far out. Isn't there one in Kansas City?

Thanks!

We pretty much have to either go to Chicago, K.C. GregNauman knows a tuner in K.C. and he also knows of a Porsche shop in K.C. that has an AWD dyno that should let us bring a tuner in. I'm also working with Sublime in Omaha to see if they will start doing tunes for AccessPort owners. The tuner is real cool, but hasn't used Cobb ST or ProTuner products to tune yet.

I just ended up buying StreetTuner Advanced from Sublime and started my own tune. That way when I do finally get to a dyno; I should have a pretty good idea of what to do or at least what to tell the tuner about the LGT's quirks. I'm just not up for driving 8 hours to Chicago and paying $300-$500 every time I add a new part. Same for K.C.

I'm way out of town at the moment, but I'll PM you when I get back later in the week.

Let's kick this pig!

I'd be willing to make a tuning trip out to Nebraska or you can drive it here to Colorado and I'll tune it for you.

A few quick tidbits so you know my experience:

I have tuned over 300 Subarus on my Dyno Dynamics AWD Dyno.

I tuned the fastest Subaru in Colorado at 10.9@130mph at 4800ft above sea level.

I tuned 5 cars for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb last year and one of the cars I tuned won the AWD Rally Class, the others placed in the Top 5.

I currently tune 5 Cars that compete in Rally America

One of our sponsered cars, Nathan Conley was just invited to the X-Games in LA for Rally.

PM me if you're interested and we can work something out.

Adam

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

The only problem we have is finding a place with an AWD Dyno that is willing to let a 3rd party tuner do his thing. The closest is in Kansas City.

We(http://www.nebraska-subaru.com/) have also looked into having Jorge from P&L fly out, but couldn't get the dates right. I'm sure we can work something out if we give it some time. Personally, I bought StreetTuner so I could get the base tune done for my new turbo before I drive it several hours down the highway for Dyno time. I know there were at least 5 other local people who were looking for a tune earlier this year.

A local shop called Sublime MotorSports (http://www.sstracing.com/sublimeweb/index.htm) here in Omaha has a Mustang Dyno, but it's 2wd and requires the install of a rear driveshaft coupler that they charge and extra $180 for, on top of Dyno time.

Let's kick this pig!

A local shop called Sublime MotorSports (http://www.sstracing.com/sublimeweb/index.htm) here in Omaha has a Mustang Dyno, but it's 2wd and requires the install of a rear driveshaft coupler that they charge and extra $180 for, on top of Dyno time.

Not even worth it, you would be better off finding a secluded road out in the middle of no where to just do road tuning.

I'm actually going to be remote tuning a gentleman with an STi who is in Nebraska. It's not something I really like to do, but he has a wideband in the car and is prepared to log the car and send them in to me regularly. Given that he is in the middle of nowhere, doing full throttle pulls on the street will be quite a bit safer than it would be where I am.

Here's a question. Initially I was going to drive to Chicago for a pro-tune but Revolutions Performance has a very impressive portfolio to say the least. My question is going to be related to altitude. I looked online:

Nebraska - 2592ft

Illinois - 600ft

Colorado - 6800ft [damn!]

How does that factor into all this and what should I do about it? If Adam were to drive down to Lincoln would be ideal, but sounds like it would get more expensive, so I would have no problem with driving to Colorado. But then there's the issue of tuning at a different altitude?

I'm actually going to be remote tuning a gentleman with an STi who is in Nebraska. It's not something I really like to do, but he has a wideband in the car and is prepared to log the car and send them in to me regularly. Given that he is in the middle of nowhere, doing full throttle pulls on the street will be quite a bit safer than it would be where I am.

Don't kid yourself. We may be in the middle of nowhere, but there is about 1.2 million people in a 50 mile radius between Fishbone and I(Lincoln/Omaha). We can drive a few miles and get to some closed roads or remote stretches of highway, but we can't just pull out of our driveway and floor it.

I drive nearly 20 miles to get to the closest place where I can open up my car without running someone over. The freeways are way to congested to even think about messing around on them. Our hardest task is finding flat straight roads with no traffic. It's all rolling hills and river valleys around here. Now, 70 miles west of us it gets so flat you can see the curvature of the Earth:).

B.J. Where in Nebraska is the STI guy at? There's hundreds in Omaha.

Let's kick this pig!

Don't kid yourself. We may be in the middle of nowhere, but there is about 1.2 million people in a 50 mile radius between Fishbone and I(Lincoln/Omaha). We can drive a few miles and get to some closed roads or remote stretches of highway, but we can't just pull out of our driveway and floor it.

I drive nearly 20 miles to get to the closest place where I can open up my car without running someone over. The freeways are way to congested to even think about messing around on them. Our hardest task is finding flat straight roads with no traffic. It's all rolling hills and river valleys around here. Now, 70 miles west of us it gets so flat you can see the curvature of the Earth:).

B.J. Where in Nebraska is the STI guy at? There's hundreds in Omaha.

I actually have no idea exactly where he is. The guy is actually the one who told he he's really close to some wide open spaces, so don't take it as a dig that I said "in the middle of nowhere" ;)

We pretty much have to either go to Chicago, K.C. GregNauman knows a tuner in K.C. and he also knows of a Porsche shop in K.C. that has an AWD dyno that should let us bring a tuner in. I'm also working with Sublime in Omaha to see if they will start doing tunes for AccessPort owners. The tuner is real cool, but hasn't used Cobb ST or ProTuner products to tune yet.

I just ended up buying StreetTuner Advanced from Sublime and started my own tune. That way when I do finally get to a dyno; I should have a pretty good idea of what to do or at least what to tell the tuner about the LGT's quirks. I'm just not up for driving 8 hours to Chicago and paying $300-$500 every time I add a new part. Same for K.C.

I'm way out of town at the moment, but I'll PM you when I get back later in the week.

I dont really know any tuners in KC. I only know of the porsche shop that would work.

I dont really know any tuners in KC. I only know of the porsche shop that would work.

Oops. Well, someone gave me the name of a Subie friendly shop/tuner down there:confused:. I'll find the name and maybe you could check it out for us. The shop with the AWD Dyno is a good start though.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived