LegacyGT.com

Outback XT in 1-22-2005 Blizzard

Here's my OB in the 1-22 storm. I was parked on the streets in Chicago and the OB pulled in and out of parking spots that very few other cars could consider. I'm riding on Nokian WR's and was very happy with their performance. So what's the lowest part of the underside of the car, ie. what rubs on the snow when it is really deep?

Subie_Snow_1-22-05.jpg.200caceff44a122b38c60ba51c03c024.jpg

Forgive me for asking' date=' but how many inches of snow was in this Blizzard? Looking at the pictures of your Outback stopped in the otherwise untouched snow, it looks like it couldn’t be more than maybe five inches of the white stuff??[/font']

I'm not sure if your question was directed to me, but we got 12" in my part of Chicago. I don't think it was technically a blizzard, because that is based on wind speeds, not snow fall. The picture I took was after about 8 or 9 inches. There was about 8 inches on the back window, but less on the rest of the car giving it that odd Volvo look... It really is an Outback, I promise.

16 inches, almost the same as Chicago did. Where i stooped was an open parking lot by the Mississippi River and the snow gets blown, there were drifts of snow of 2 to 6 feet typical of what Chicago might also get. Pictures tell a thousand words but not all of them :D

Archived