LegacyGT.com

service mileage - limitations?

Posted this in the warranty forum, but didnt get much replies, so posting some questions here.

I have 30,500 miles right now and dont really have the full $550 (quoted) for the 30k service. I know i need this service done to keep the warranty , but anybody know how far I can go before it gets done? like can i go until 33,000 miles etc...

Also bought the car two years ago, does it have high miles? I am in college and drive across state about 1-2 times a month to go back home, so miles are freeway, hope it doesnt dent my resell or trade in cost.

thanks!

You can have the work done at a reputable mechanic; it doesn't have to be a Subaru dealer. If you have about 4 hours and basic hand tools, you can do the 30k service in your driveway. Everything involved draining and filling...Very easy!
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I've been meaning to get around to the Transmission (5mt), rear diff, and coolant change, but I just don't have the spare time. The time I do have, I'd rather be putting in suspension mods or just driving. @ 37,5kmi I decided to just have the dealership do it with my next oil change. Not worth the hassle and the total cost is only gonna be $100-150 (I'm providing the oils/coolant) so I don't feel like I'm getting worked-over like if I spent the $550 for the same work plus a few visual checks and unnecessary stuff.

i am hesitant to call dealer, as i can already assume that they'll just want me to come in as soon as i can to get the service and not really give me a full time frame. if i dont have to rush with this service, id for sure just take it to my buddy back home who works for a shop, where they can do it all cheaper then dealer. i wont get ripped off for the visual inspections. thanks for all your input.

You can drive 200k without doing a service. That is solely up to you. Subaru recommends when it should be done. You do not have to follow that recommendation, but it is advisable to follow it. If you plan on having your buddy's shop do it cheaper, then wait for them.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived