LegacyGT.com

am i retarded??

trailblaze

ok i am putting on my brakeswap slotted (grooved) front rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads...

got the left side all done, very easy.

stood back after i put my tire on and started taking the parts/tools to the right side and started thinking maybe i put the wrong rotor on the wrong side? is this possible? which way are the slots supposed to "fan" out??

wheew... ok just found this...

Slotted rotors

As with the plain rotors discussed above, the internal vanes should lean toward the back of the car. The direction of the slots on the outside of the rotor do not dictate whether the rotor is a left or a right. For rotors with slots machined in the same direction as the internal cooling vanes, the slots should lean toward the back of the car. For rotors with slots machined in the opposite direction as the internal cooling vanes, the slots should lean toward the front of the car. Bottom line - don't use the slots to decide which side to mount the rotor. Pay attention to the internal cooling vanes.

For slotted rotors with straight internal cooling vanes, the direction of the slots is totally up to you and what you think looks best. In this case, there is no wrong answer.

just finished... really easy.. but i wasn't expecting any thing hard as i've done this stuff many times before...

but i have one more question.... did you guys re-use the peice of tin that was on the original brake pads? i was cleaning up and realized i didn't put that tin between the caliper pistons and the pads.... is this a bad thing?

UM... THOSE ARE NOT our parts. We havent even had these rotors out that long. Our slotted/drilled rotors came out 4/1/08. Our slotted only rotors came out only a month ago.

Please edit your disinformation post to the CORRECT vendor. Dunno where you got that from or your sources, but those are definitely NOT our rotors. If you could kindly link me to the forum or thread, Id like to post so we can clear ourselves.

Those arent our boxes, rotors and we dont even have a Forrester application!

You can even see that the slots extend all the way to the edge, whereas ours do not, for the very specific reason of causing extra stress points (as evidenced here).

I repeat, Those are NOT Brakeswap.com Rotors!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

OK, did a litle investigative work (Google rocks). Those are RacingBrake.com rotors. I should have figured. Original thread link is below. PLEASE correct your post. Those are NOT our rotors, never were, never will be.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f68/racingbrake-com-slotted-rotors-35277/

I had a scary thing happen today with my Racingbrake.com slotted brake rotors today. They broke off of the tophat and cracked through the outer edge. I have never seen rotors fail like this. Be aware.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f68/racingbrake-com-slotted-rotors-35277/

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

haha... yeah i know i am retarded. who else thought they put the rotors on the wrong side?? probably no one!

and yeah, i understand those shims don't really do anything soo... another one of my finest moments

heck... to top it all off, i went out and bought new rear brakes/ rotors for the 95 legacy... only to find out i didn't need them, they were squeeling, but had plenty of pad life left...and on a day where the temps reached 92, working outside sucked!

Archived