LegacyGT.com

best legacy gt year?

boostedsubbygt

What year was legacy gt model the best in?  

584 members have voted

1. 1. What year was legacy gt model the best in?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

05, more options for color, limited, unlimited, MT,EAT, etc.,blacked out headlights that makes all yall jealous, no annoying SI drive.. better location for the heated seat switches, and the woodgrain, although hideous, was far less hideous than later models.

higher build quality in the radio despite no aux in or mp3 (jazzymod was cheap and easy)

LGT meant something when the 2.5i didnt share the same rims as later model.

info center had lots of functions and the interior ligth dimming override which subaru ditched in 06

no nagging tire pressure alerts or sensors

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 4 months later...
thats why i picked '06.

Agreed! I like having a chance of surviving a side impact collision and thats also the reason I bought 06 and not 05. Also I like the "frowning" air intake on the 05-07 models compared to the "smiley" 08-09 Legacy's.

Lets face it,

Everyone is voting 05 because it was the only year you could get a GRP M/T LGT Wagon! :spin:

Damn SOA and their evil ways!!! :lol:

you're telling me a 4/5 stars is unsurvivable?

About the only thing they changed between the 2 years to fix that star is the seatbelt bolt location and the shape of the seat airbag by a few inches.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Agreed! I like having a chance of surviving a side impact collision and thats also the reason I bought 06 and not 05. Also I like the "frowning" air intake on the 05-07 models compared to the "smiley" 08-09 Legacy's.

Lets face it,

Everyone is voting 05 because it was the only year you could get a GRP M/T LGT Wagon! :spin:

Damn SOA and their evil ways!!! :lol:

Hehe, there are more votes for 05 than there are GRP MT wagons in the US.

Regarding the side impact issue, there were no structural improvments made to the car...just something to do with the timing of the airbag deployment. And the seatbelt thing DF1 mentioned

Hehe, there are more votes for 05 than there are GRP MT wagons in the US.

Regarding the side impact issue, there were no structural improvments made to the car...just something to do with the timing of the airbag deployment. And the seatbelt thing DF1 mentioned

Yes and yes,

Some of the airbags were actually put in wrong and there was a recall if I remember correctly but the side impact rating went from marginal to good with those two changes you mentioned from 05-06. Front offset impact has always been very good. They also added door reinforcements too but I'm not sure when.

you're telling me a 4/5 stars is unsurvivable?

About the only thing they changed between the 2 years to fix that star is the seatbelt bolt location and the shape of the seat airbag by a few inches.

4/5 wasn't for the 05 side impact test. It received a marginal rating:

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=259

That means you aren't getting up and walking away...

I used NHTSA data for my car when I purchased it and I dont remember there being any OMFG YOU'RE GONNA DIE DONT BUY THIS coming from them.

i would not have bought a car that was not all 4/5 and 5/5s.

I used NHTSA data for my car when I purchased it and I dont remember there being any OMFG YOU'RE GONNA DIE DONT BUY THIS coming from them.

i would not have bought a car that was not all 4/5 and 5/5s.

I hear ya. IIHS is a tougher standard than NHTSA. (Offset front and side impact tests @40mhp via SUV I think) There are a few videos on Youtube of when they first reported it too. Not everyone checks or even knows about both. I made that mistake with my previous car.

Edited by Mortal2None

yea I wasnt aware of both at that time. I just re-checked it and it flags NHTSA as "not tested".. I could have sworn I saw 4/5 on side impact on the car.

Oh well.... :(

well, iirc the seatbelt in the 05 mounts to the seat itself, where the 06s mount to the floor? I'm not 100% sure there.

It would be nice to fix it with just a seat swap. TBH I've erally been chewing on the idea of doing a rear fold down seat conversion but I dunno if its even possible. A friend and I were chewing on the idea around christmas.

so.. my vote is still for 05.. with the seats fixed. ;)

06 Spec.B sorry its teh shiznit.... Brick red leather is hawt, unique color is hawt, rims are hawt, no SI is hawt...

:lolololols: :lol:

hahaha, thats hawt........but 05 LGT, non-limited still owns

well in hawaii at least, cloth seats cuz the sun is out year round, seat warmers when it does get wet and cold, only a few places really where you'd need 6 gears, and hardly any unwated attention, IMO unique color means more unwanted attention...but to each his/her own

used to drive a DC teg, had more than enough attention with that car, not what i wanted when i bought my LGT