LegacyGT.com

Boston roads make me cry

MDork

Dear Streets of Boston,

Thanks to you my car now has rattles and buzzing sounds I never heard in the last 2.5 years of rattle free living in California. I cant even drive my car fast because you never know when a man eating pothole might appear. Not to mention the ridiculous grooved freeways with rocks flying everywhere forcing me to leave 17 car lengths in front of me to save my paint. Have some self respect and take care of yourself.

Sincerely,

Bitter in Boston

Wait, you moved to Boston? Welcome to the area.

Besides the roads, are you enjoying it here? How do the drivers compare to SoCal?

Thanks for the welcome. I was actually in NorCal (Santa Clara). So far I'm loving the T and Boston in general but finding the roads sickening and the drivers pretty oblivious. People are in general "friendlier" on the roads which is another way of saying insanely inefficient and unpredictable. I do like seeing a LOT more Legacy wagons out here! Paying $.20 less for 93 octane instead of the crap 91 in CA is another bonus. I just find myself driving much slower because of the obstacle course you guys call a road. My Superleggeras are going to be punished out here. Might need to get some 15" wheels with truck tires to survive...

i hear ya, i came to nh by way of sd. welcome to the land of winter freeze and salt...they dont put money into roads they are just going to plow away in the winter. frost heaves are an interesting treat in the winter as well. have fun...your not in cali anymore dorothy...sad to say.

Dear Streets of Boston,

Thanks to you my car now has rattles and buzzing sounds I never heard in the last 2.5 years of rattle free living in California. I cant even drive my car fast because you never know when a man eating pothole might appear. Not to mention the ridiculous grooved freeways with rocks flying everywhere forcing me to leave 17 car lengths in front of me to save my paint. Have some self respect and take care of yourself.

Sincerely,

Bitter in Boston

i feel your pain. ive worked in quincu the last 3 years(5 days left here thank god) will post pics of my pitted bumper and hood from the groved hwyways. for the last two years ive been all highway to work. last 2 months have been hour and half to and from work of nothing but highways. mt suck in boston traffic.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Dear Streets of Boston,

Sincerely,

Bitter in Boston

Now you know why I won't drive a LGT or any other car with low aspect ratio tires on the street....I'm glad my motorcycle has a 19" front for the same reason.

A little known fact, but if your car is damaged by a pothole in Boston, the city will reimburse you. I punched out a tire on my old Audi [60 series] and they paid for a replacement.

Even the race tracks are bumpy in the Northeast. The Spring freeze/thaw cycles are killers of roads.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

What is the deal with 495 right now? Is that an annual project? My teeth are gonna fall out going from the pike to Hopkinton. What a disaster.

that is a job works program, much like the one going on in ct in bridgeport. it will never get done!!

as promised. you can see some of the ones on the hood. i hit ti up with touch up paint on the big ones to help prevent rust. going in storage in july for a year so no need to paint it. but this is my trip. 290west-495south-mass pike east-to 95south which turns to 93 south. in short worcester to quincy and in the last month 495 and pike all groved for repaving and 93 last year and the other small areas. this is just the passenger side not as bad on the driver side sence i spent most of my time in the left lane

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm130/airgrunt82/0528081011.jpg

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

worst thing about patching is it almost always stick just above the road. just enough for the next plowing to rip it out and make it bigger. then theres the water and ice thats gets in it

Archived