LegacyGT.com

Wheels not removed during 30k service -- was brake fluid replaced?

baj

I had my car at a dealer for the 30k miles service yesterday, which is supposed to include a tire rotation and brake fluid replacement. My wheels are dirty and there are no clean fingerprints on them, and my front tires have 1 psi more than the rear (as they should, but in my experience it is unlikely that a dealer would rotate the tires and then actually set the tire pressures correctly like this), so I suspect that the tire rotation was forgotten and that the wheels were never removed.

If the wheels were never off, do you think it's likely that the brake fluid was actually replaced?

Of course everything was done. That's why you take your car to the dealer. Just ask them, I'm sure they'll tell you they are the Factory Authorized and have a bunch of hard to get dealer of the year awards on the wall, and the employee of the year was the one who did all the factory required schedule maintenance just like they charged you for.

Yes of course they did. They wouldn't have charged you for work they didn't do.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^Beleive me they are more than happy to rummage through your sh*t to look for it. They never asked me for my wheel locks and I got my brakes, rotors, fluid, mounted and balanced 4 new tires, and clutch done.

The 30k includes a brake fluid replacment, not a flush. Is all they do is suck the fluid out of the resevoir (under the hood) and refill it with new fluid. No need to take the wheels off for that...but the 30k is supposed to include a tire rotation too....

The 30k includes a brake fluid replacment, not a flush. Is all they do is suck the fluid out of the resevoir (under the hood) and refill it with new fluid.

I see. I assumed one would want to replace the fluid in the lines and calipers too.

Is there really much value to just replacing the fluid under the hood?

Archived