LegacyGT.com

Curb rash..

Th3Franz

I don't even remember it happening, but I was cleaning up my wheels a bit and I noticed some curb rash on two of the wheels on the driver side. It isn't horrible, but I was wondering what can be done to fix it. It looks like it's just surface scrapes, so maybe it can be smoothed out and polished? Stupid question but is there paint on our wheels? Thanks.

My car was a demo it had a minor curbing of one of the rims, they fixed it before I got it and I believe it cost no more than $150 cdn. Much cheaper than replacing the rims, but...an extra excuse for those JDM 18s never hurts :)

pain! went to my parents' once, their driveway's a bit tight with kerbs both sides. what hapened to my new rims (on my SC430, not Legacy thank god!) was no mere rash, more like traumatic cardiac thrombosis or something worse! i'm still hurt :(

I curbed one of my BBS RKs, but it looks DIY fixable to me. I bought the matching touch-up paint from the same place I got the wheels, Tire Rack, and I'm going to just Dremel the rash smooth and paint it. Not sure what to do about clearcoating it tho.

I let my brother test drive my car the second day I had it. He hit the gas a little hard from a stop on a damp road and sent it right into a curb. Got both the front and back rim on the passenger side. Doesn't bother me to much right now cuase the car is so dirty I can't even see it but once summer comes around i know it will start to get to me... :(

• 3 weeks later...
This is the best guide for repairing curb rash that I have found. I've followed this method and repaired wheels before. It is a great guide that should solve the problem. It sure beats paying $100 bucks a rim to a wheel repair shop to basically do the same thing.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Here is somebody else's attempt at that process. It can look really professional depending on your level of experience with a poof can and your patience.

OCDETAILS BLOG

i have curb rash on two of my 18 inch piaa s[prt mesh wheels, and a nice sized "knock in" on another. u can't really notice them unless ur actually looking at the wheels. they were lesson-teachers toa beginner, much like your first speeding ticket :) . should i get the rims redone? whats a reasonable price to pay for such a job?

You are looking at at least $75-$100 per wheel usually to repair something like that. Those links I posted can save you some money by doing it yourself. Call your dealership and see what they can suggest. Many dealerships have people who come on site to repair trade ins and such. You might be able to get a deal.

OCDETAILS BLOG

That is a question you may need to ask Subaru. The paint code for the wheel isn't in the manual. The factory would know though. Call the dealership where you bought the car and have them look it up for you. You could also contact a local wheel repair shop and see if they have any info. It might be a standard silver color that is easy to get.

OCDETAILS BLOG

That is a question you may need to ask Subaru. The paint code for the wheel isn't in the manual. The factory would know though. Call the dealership where you bought the car and have them look it up for you. You could also contact a local wheel repair shop and see if they have any info. It might be a standard silver color that is easy to get.

I have called 3 Subaru dealers. 2 told me they are not painted :rolleyes: . One told me they are painted and he doesn’t have or can get the code. Anyone have any luck with this?

Check wheel shops. Someone out there has to know. If nothing else works then you can take your car to a paint shop and they can create a paint code off the wheel itself.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived