LegacyGT.com

Curb rash..

Th3Franz

They are painted, as I mentioned before one of my wheels was refinished by subie before I got the car (demo). I believe it cost them no more than $150 cdn.

To add to this thread, we had a bunch of wet snow here today and in driving a little to fast lost traction and curbed two wheels :(:confused::mad:

Doh, dumb Phil........ahh well lessons learned the hard way, ie: drive slowly in shiite weather....

There goes $300 I was gonna put towards an AP :(

Just talked with service guy at subaru. Price per wheel as long as the scratches arent super deep is $150 cdn per wheel....which he said was their price/hence no markup (yeah sure..)

When I was getting an alignment at Firestone they said $100 per tire. I would shop around. I still want to know the paint code and pay $20 and do it myself ;)

• 1 year later...

These links are great and I want to go the DIY route since it is the kind of thing that will likely happen from time to time. However I'm not having much luck in determining the paint codes for my aftermarket rims (Exel Radius in gun metal). Wheelmax doesn't care. Exel hasn't responded yet to inquiries.

I'm not certain that the portion I'm trying to fix up is painted (outermost portion of rim -- the spokes are definitely painted gun metal) with anything beyond clearcoat. Do I have to plead ignorance and go to a body shop to find this out?

I've read a ton about how to restore polished aluminum rims (not the stockers which are painted) in the last day. Tonight I sanded out the minor curb rash and am pleased with the results. Since I was going to the trouble I've decided to lift the clear coat off completely, repair some of the worn surfaces (clear coat had not done a very good job) and polish up the whole wheel lip. Polishing kit on the way from Amazon. This will be done in stages.

Here is what I consider to be the best how-to write-up.

http://www.gmtips.com/3rd-degree/dox/tips/buff/info/info.htm

• 1 year later...
i just recently hit a few pot holes and i notice a rew rashes on my rims now =/ was reading the write up but since its such a minor rash i plan to just use touch up on repainting it but now my question is what paint color do i get to fix my rims?

Archived