LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy model on order...

tealdub

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the short throw shifter is made by STi?

STi is just Subaru's performance division. :)

The STi sts is that great? No, its not, I had it in my previous 06 LGT and I would have much rather had a Cobb sts that was actually shorter and cheaper.

Not all of it was crap, thats why I said "mostly" crap, but even the nice parts such as exhaust and wheels are definitely overpriced.

Yeah... little non-performance things like I mentioned above are okay... performance options are better off aftermarket. Anything that's good from Subaru is definitely overpriced.

Do I like the SPT exhaust and think it sounds great? Yes... but for $1100? I'll pass.

I'd just grab a Megan Quad tip and an AP and be at about that same cost. ;)

Yeah, some things like the dome light, shock sensor, block warmer, tint, etc. are kinda nice from the factory.

Especially tint, because no one can give you crap, even if the rear windows are 5% below legal limits. ;)

It came from the factory like that. :D

Damn -forgot to add that doomlight option :eek:

As per the block warmer - if I lived in a snow area - then yeah. However, in Florida I just need the bare bones.

My dealer said they send it out for tinting - I would asume from that comment that the factory does NOT tint. And IF the factory DOES tint (which I doubt from the dealer comment), how would a cop KNOW the difference (factory to after-market pro install)?

Cobb SS here I come. Now I just need to find out when the Cobb exhaust (Turbo Back) will be ready for the 09?!?!?

I guess I will have to settle for an aftermarket dome light! :(

Mine came tinted on delivery... the dealership said it was "tinted at the port"... although I have no clue if that's actually true or not.

However.... per the cop knowing... I do keep my original window sticker from the dealership in my glove box and it clearly says on there under options "DEALER TINT: $400".

Otherwise, I'm not sure how I would argue that point... :confused:

My dealer said they send it out for tinting - I would asume from that comment that the factory does NOT tint. And IF the factory DOES tint (which I doubt from the dealer comment), how would a cop KNOW the difference (factory to after-market pro install)?
Subaru doesn't sell cars with dark-tinted windows. Any tinting would be done after the car leaves SOA's control. However, the 2009 Forester, 2009 Outback and 2008 Tribeca all have factory dark-tinted glass behind the front row of seats because those vehicles are all classified as light trucks.

And it can still make the window sticker??

Mine clearly states the tint at something like $400 as an option, right where the other options are.

Yeah, Mine cleary states the Fuzzy Dice at something like $100 as an option, right where the other options are! ;)

:rolleyes:

No, I'm serious... if it's not a "REAL" factory subaru option, how can it be listed on the window sticker that I still have from my car under the options section?

I can take a picture of it if anyone would like.... ;)

I believe you - my jab was more at the dealer - who can pretty much print, say, and display whatever he wants.

Just because it is on a printed piece of paper the dealer supplies to you - doesn't mean it is something that Subaru offers.

I say that - because the dealer clearly told me that the tint option was done by a local tint dealer - not from the factory. Additionally he said that because of the different state laws - tinting varies from state to state.

Maybe that is why subaru does not offer factory tinting on their general vechicle lineup

Yeah, I guess they can do whatever they want really...

It was just odd... because I didn't want my car tinted (well, I didn't ask anyhow)... but they told me (last June) that the only 2008 in QSM they could get had tinted windows, and that's how it came.

I made them give me the tint at no extra charge, seeing I hadn't asked for it. (as well as the alarm shock sensor, homelink autodim mirror, and domelight). I would think if it were something they were just tacking on, they would have skipped it and saved the money. :confused:

I dunno really... maybe it just does vary through dealers state by state, and is less of a SOA thing. Maybe certain state dealers have a place that they enlist to do it, as part of an agreement for people that want it. :iam:

It just seems odd that they'd go out of there way to do this extra, especially knowing I wasn't paying for it!! ;):lol:

There's a couple 09's already rolling around Lafayette, IN. Employee tent sale went so well that they ran out of 08's so they authorized a few to be pulled from the back lot.

how does one obtain an invite to said "employee tent sale"???

take it to pm if necessary. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived