LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy model on order...

tealdub

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I dont believe that you would get that kind of quality unless you spend upwards of $50k.

Although, some SUVs and mini-vans are getting close to that price already, so my guestimate maybe a little low.

Curse manufacturers and their non DIN format. I blame NAV units.

Still, I have to admit I don't do any critical listening in the car and the days of blast and boom on the roll just don't appeal like they used to.

I'd much rather listen the that beautiful boxer!!

Sweet ride! If i could have waited for a SWP Spec B, I would have....dont catch the mod bug...it tends to sneak up on you...especially at Subaru meets.....

Enjoy, Almost a year now for me and it still puts a huge smile on my face!

-John

Sweet ride! If i could have waited for a SWP Spec B, I would have....dont catch the mod bug...it tends to sneak up on you...especially at Subaru meets.....

Enjoy, Almost a year now for me and it still puts a huge smile on my face!

-John

Thanks, I will enjoy. As for the mod bug, been there. My previous car before the Outback was an 07 Sti limited. Subtle mods included Cobb CBE, catted downpipe, AP2 (w/Mead tune) and navigation. I plan on getting another AP2 when its released for the Spec B. Maybe some light window tint and the SPT catback, we will see :rolleyes:

Its already out.

tealdub,

The AccessPORT for the 07'-08' Legacy will most likely not work with the 2009 models. The only way that they would possibly work is if the cars had identical ECUs and a mechanical setup similar enough for our OTS maps to properly calibrate the vehicle. The chances of this are very slim.

In the future, there may be a firmware update available for download that would allow use of the AccessPORT with the 2009 model Legacy, but at this time we do not have support for it.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Shayne Covey

shayne@cobbtuning.com

Tech Support/SalesCOBB Tuning

"The future belongs to those of us still willing to get our hands dirty."

I would think they're the same cup of tea... they probably just don't wanna say YES until they know for sure and test one. They don't wanna sell you an AP when they haven't tested any maps on the 2009, especially after the issues of some 2008's blowing up.

Case of avoiding foot in mouth I'd think. ;)

Did your dealer tell you they are speculating 500 units per color?

Did you know there are less than 500 '07 spec.Bs units total? :lol:

No clue about '08s.

You've got a collector's item!

maybe someone w/ more knowledge than i can confirm this; but i believe the spec b was limited to 500 units in the initail offering in 06. there were no "set" limits for the 07-08 model year.

Correct. For '06 it was a set limited run, but for '07-'08, I guess they just made them as there was demand. For '07, I believe there were like 400-some units according to my source. No clue about '08s.
-ben

When I asked about ordering an 09 Spec B, this is what a dealer told me yesterday:

"If we order the car so you get exactly the features you want, it would take somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 months for the car to arrive."

Does this sound right?

P.S. - Are the rims the same as what's on the 08's?

When I asked about ordering an 09 Spec B, this is what a dealer told me yesterday:

"If we order the car so you get exactly the features you want, it would take somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 months for the car to arrive."

Does this sound right?

P.S. - Are the rims the same as what's on the 08's?

Depends on your location. I live in Ohio and the car was built only about 2 hours away. And mine only took 3.5 weeks from order to delivery. Insanely fast. The dealer said they had never seen or heard of anything that quick. Usually btw. 6-8 weeks I would think. And yes I believe the wheels are the same (gunmetal color).

Just go to the dealership and tell them what you want... at least that way they can try to have the vehicle alloted to them rather than having than ship it in from somewhere.

That would me my thinking anyhow...

I'll wait. I'm in no hurry. I still have my 02 WRX. Beside I don't want to take a chance on missing an option that I want.

Mine is on order, as of last Saturday.

09 LGT manual and NO options. (Diamond Grey)

I will stick to aftermarket if I decide to add anything - like a Cobb SS, Speakers, etc.

Most of the stuff (options) are overpriced to begin with.

Let you know when I get the call and it comes in!

Yeah, some things like the dome light, shock sensor, block warmer, tint, etc. are kinda nice from the factory.

Especially tint, because no one can give you crap, even if the rear windows are 5% below legal limits. ;)

It came from the factory like that. :D

Mine is on order, as of last Saturday.

09 LGT manual and NO options. (Diamond Grey)

I will stick to aftermarket if I decide to add anything - like a Cobb SS, Speakers, etc.

Most of the stuff (options) are overpriced to begin with.

Let you know when I get the call and it comes in!

+1 for not spending extra money on expensive factory parts which are mostly CRAP anyway ;)

Archived