LegacyGT.com

Subaru ALL Weather Mats SUCK!!

G.T.Subie

the only problem I have with them so far (5 months worth of use in Colorado winter) is the coverage is lame.

I get so much crud built up along the outer edge of the mat on the driver's side (below the gas pedal and along the "tranny hump") as well as behind the brake and clutch pedals.

I used to have weathertechs for my '90 Bronco and they were beastly with great coverage - don't know why I strayed :(

hrm...mine are holding up just ok... i take them out an condition them and wash them etc. my carpet mats wore out in less thana month

See that is what I don't get my carpet mats are fine and I hade them in for 2+ years

Denial is your best friend

No issues with my Subaru mats, still flexible, no cracks.

However I didn't like the coverage and all the dirt/rock build-up along the edges, so went with weathertech. Now I never have to vacuum the carpet the coverage is so much better

I actually had my mats replaced under the warranty by reading the fine print (options are warranted if they were installed at the time of purchase). I know I'll be sol next time, but the Weathertechs are looking good because of the "along the edges" problem described by D_J.

• 2 months later...

I got a set of Subaru All Weather Mats as part of the deal when I took delivery of my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon on July 5th. I thought they seemed to be of good quality but the fit left a bit to be desired compared to the carpet floor mats. I did notice everytime I pulled them out to dump any dirt that I would find a pile of the black nubs from the back of the mats on the carpet.

On Friday, August 1st, I had the car washed and interior cleaned. They wash the mats and bang them against a wooden bench to shake the water off them afterwards. Well when he banged the driver's mat I saw it was split along the creases where my foot normally is. Initially my thought was that he had split the mat by banging it. But now I'm wondering if it might already have been split and I just missed it. Either way it doesn't say good things about the quality of the All Weather Mats that I only had for one month. Makes me a little hesitant to buy another set when I only need the driver's mat.

My wife has custom Weathertech mats in her Hyundai Sonata but the fit seems more like a universal mat than a custom fit. I was thinking Weathertech Liners might be the way to go for good coverage.

Archived