LegacyGT.com

What would you do if it was $100 per gallon for gas?

We'd have a couple more world wars before it reached that, with war a new invention for combustion might be invented and we wont care for gas anymore, or we'd be all dead from the nuclear war, or "Nuquler" war to some.

You may have seen the recent Nova program with the Car Talk guys about a car of the future. Not a great show, but the thing that gets you is how inefficient today's cars are. Only a fraction of the energy produced actually gets to the pavement. Expensive gas will help speed the transition to something better.

^^^what do you mean "What do you mean 'if'?"?!?!?! $100 per gallon?! LOL, gas won't be getting that expensive....not until the world is on the brink of running out o it. Just think, that's roughly $1,400.00 to fill up your legacy. We'd all be riding bicycles...

Now, if the OP meant $100 per tank, now that's different. That would in fact suck...and I agree, is likely to happen before most of us die.

I'm already over $100 per tank... :mad: - On my Legacy!

453747.png

When I bought my Legacy 3.5 years ago, I told people it would be the last gas powered car I would have. I expected something better to come out in 10 years. Looks like that day is comming sooner.

At $100 a gallon, I would ride my bike. I could ride to work now, except I would get hit by a car. The roads are too narrow and the speed limit is 45. But if gas were $100, there would be no cars on the road.

Electric moped maybe? http://www.thegostore.com/thelsc.html

And of course some solar panels on your house to charge it!

I have an electrically-assisted bike. It's awesome for getting around the city. Does 20mph on the flat and has a range of 15-20 miles on one charge. Plus you can park it in bike racks.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived