LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Systems: Loud or Quiet?

where are u in socal?

go to a big meet. theres probably at least 1 of every exhaust there

i am VERY happy with my megans. they're actually pretty quiet. I dont even need the silencers. (i dont even know where they are)

car for sale. PM me!

It depends on your neighbors - but I'll first look at the figures for both torque and noise before selecting. You really want good torque in the middle range, and if the absolute top drops a bit it may be bad for maximum power, but a good torque curve makes it a lot easier to drive fast through most corners.
453747.png

HKS Silent Hi-Power

This is what I have on my car.

Video, courtesy of another member:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdED_vum1hU]YouTube - 07 Subaru Legacy GT; HKS Silent Hipower[/ame]

I have Prodrive cans but only the stock mid and Y... It isn't too loud but I'm sure there restricting

prodrives sound awesome.

if only they were full catbacks with full (not stock sized) piping

prodrives were more silky smooth than the megans but the megans feel more raw and muscular. depends on what you want i guess.

car for sale. PM me!

You can also jump on YouTube.

There are a number of clips of LGTs with various exhaust systems. I realize that it is difficult to make decisions based on short film clips but certainly gives you an idea.

From there I agree that attending a meet will also give you some hands-on ideas as to sound.

Good luck.

Greddy SP2 on my wagon, nice deep rumble, not too loud, very light and well made system that fits like OEM.

Word of advise on posted clips: They can be deceptive as the range of sound you hear is limited.

COBB catted down pipe. Stock exhaust. I kept the resonator on. And did the muffler deletion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524AatNdl-c]YouTube - 05 subaru legacy GT[/ame]

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Invidia Catted DP with magnaflow CBE (full 3" exhaust). Very nice mellow tone. Lighter and lower sound than my WRX with Cobb/Borla hush system. I think Prodrives would have been the call for me except they have stock diameter.

Archived