LegacyGT.com

boy, can't wait till spring...

I guess the thing that bothers me is I can get in my 94 ranger with 100k miles, and the washers and windows are going to work fine...(of course its manual windows but still...)

Ya....ya punch with one hand and crank with the other. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Don't know what else to say guys....its definetly the fluid. The first thing i did this morning after starting the car was the wiper fluid. It was -1 this morning and it worked no questions asked.

Does anyone who has a low temp fluid have this problem?

One of my nozzles didn't spray yesterday, but that was only because there was ice / snow packed up around the outside of it. Make sure you clean the nozzles off, too, when you clear the windshield. For fluid, I've never had a problem with any of the aftermarket 'winter' formulas - I don't think it makes much difference which brand.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

The heated windshield wipers are an excellent idea and even come on the base models, and yes, they work well for me. And yeah, the LGT is one of the best winter cars; sure it doesnt have the weight advantage or an SUV/Truck but it is easier to control if you do lose traction and if you wanna have some fun you can :D

Guest JessterCPA

Hey all. Bought cheap-o windshield washer fluid from the local supermarket. It said it was good to -25 degrees F. Filled up the tank & flushed the lines out.

Not one freeze up since. Nice job. Problem solved.

Jesse

OK, I need to this, mine keep freezing up here in Chicago below about 15F. I tried topping off the tank with good fluid, but that hasn't worked, how do you empty the tank? Do you pump the old fluid out, or is there a way to drain the fluid compartment from the bottom??

Guest JessterCPA
OK, I need to this, mine keep freezing up here in Chicago below about 15F. I tried topping off the tank with good fluid, but that hasn't worked, how do you empty the tank? Do you pump the old fluid out, or is there a way to drain the fluid compartment from the bottom??

I just filled the tank up, then ran the washers for a minute or so straight to flush out the lines.

I think that they are discussing the washer spray nozzles.

It's frikkin freezing here in Western Mass.

Damn this Arctic Blast crap! What happened to global warming? :D

The arctic blast is a result of global warming!!!

If and when the shi+ hits the fan then the current in the Atlantic will stop and then the entire cold belt states in the US will be under ice-age (fun times ahead for the subie).

No seriously it will happen like the movie "day after tomorrow" except it wont be as sudden as depicted in the movies. In the sense it wont happen in one day, but the after effects will be that the cold states will be pretty un-inhabitable.

The one possible good effect will be that, it will be the end of canada...if you are the "canada-hater" type!!! :lol:

Now for the nozzle issue....get the better spray liquid in it and before you get in the car just run ur gloves/mittens across the nozzle area to clean it of any accumulated ice. Problem solved and no one gets hurt. :rolleyes:

All week over here was close to -40 with the wind.. and I do not have any trouble with my windshild washer.. bought the -40 one.. do the job. Never had any heated nozzle over here for the pass 11 years.. and never had any trouble with some washer fluid frozed.

Mike

Mike Moffa

Founder / Admin

Montreal Subaru Club

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com

Guest *Jedimaster*
Anyoen know how to make heated washer nozzles? Would it be as simple as attaching some sort of filament to the nozzles and wiring it to the defroster?

Archived